Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
MPG King!
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've owned this car for less than a year and it's been an absolutely miserable experience (fuel economy aside). The car rattles and sounds like it's 10 years old, the engine whistles (dealership guy told me to deal with it because "it will never be as quiet as a Cadillac"), misaligned panels inside and outside of the car, and now I wake up to a thin sheet of ice INSIDE the windshield of my car. So before I can drive to work, I have to use an ice scraper to remove the ice and then I have to dry it as much as possible with paper towels. Keep in mind, it's like 5 degrees early in the morning when I am about to go to work. Oh, but it's not just the windshield - it's the back window and all the passenger windows! Called the Nissan dealership and the guy suggests I take my floormats into the house with me everytime I park and turn off my car because wet floormats = moisture rising and clinging to the windshield. WTF?! This has NEVER happened to any of my old cars (Suzuki SX4, Scion xA, VW Golf). The Nissan Versa is a POS and I can't wait to get rid of it. Hello, Fiesta?

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
Wow, you just don't have any luck with it. The windshield issues do not sound normal. I have the weathertech floor mats and notice puddles stay in the car because of the mats, and have never had the issue of the windows being frozen inside. I know Chuckie (my dads 97 minivan) has this issue, but that is because it's old and water leaks inside through the windows. I would not say that is normal for your car; sounds like the dealership is giving you the run around.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Wow I feel bad man. No one should have to deal with all that espically if the V is only a year old. Now when it rains does it leak through the windows cause if so it could be the seals around the window

·
Registered
148 Posts
I would love to see pictures of said misaligned panels.

My windows have fogged and iced inside before because a high humidity in summer and winter. Yeah, it's irritating. It's also happend to the $60,000 Infiniti FX50 I am driving this month. It must be a turd too. Glad I didn't pay for it.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
I have seen unusual moisture inside a few cars that were known to require new windshield and/or seal. And with misaligned panels, has this car been in a smackup?:(

·
MPG King!
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the sympathy, guys. :woot:

Here's a list of things I brought up with the dealer and the service manager's response:

Complaint: My car rattles and sounds like it's ten years old.

Response: "It's never gonna quiet like a Cadillac. This is an entry level car."

Complaint: The engine whistles and whines loudly at speeds above 40 mph.

Response: "It's a very inexpensive car... I can take apart the transmission piece by piece, but I don't recommend that."

Complaint: The left side of the dash is caving in. Black foam is spilling out.

Response: "We trimmed the foam." (they didn't fix anything, basically)

Complaint: There's a thin sheet of ice on the inside of my windshield and windows in the morning.

Response: "Take your floor mats out whenever you're parking the car for a long time, especially overnight." WTF?!!?

:8:

Amazing fuel economy aside, I hate this car. It's the worst car I've ever owned. I hate driving it, I hate sitting in it, I hate the whistling, I hate the absurdly loud rattles, I hate the build quality. lol

Nissan has lost my business. Too bad, because I was considering upgrading to the Juke.

·
MPG King!
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
did you tell that guy the floormats are not suppost to get wet overnight when it rains?
Are you still under warranty ?

if so, I forgot to say that they need to fix the misaligned panels inside and outside of the car at no charge
Misaligned panels both outside and in weren't fixed. They hardly even addressed it.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
what dealer is this?

I would report them to the BBB

from the website it states the following:

Before you begin filing your complaint with BBB, please note:
BBB's goal is to successfully resolve complaints involving buyers and sellers in a fair and timely fashion. This includes complaints involving consumer-to-business and business-to-business transactions that involve the advertisement and/or sale of a product or service. Information concerning the nature and resolution of complaints filed with BBB is used in developing BBB Reliability ReportsTM on companies. BBB accepts complaints whether or not the business is a BBB Accredited Business.

BBB generally does not handle complaints which are more effectively handled by other government or private agencies or the legal system, such as complaints involving employment practices, discrimination, or matters in litigation. Click here for more detailed BBB Complaint Acceptance Guidelines.

BBB strongly encourages consumers to first attempt to resolve complaints directly with the company, however BBB will not reject a complaint if a consumer has not taken this step. All complaints are processed by local BBBs, most often the BBB where the company is located. Historically, over 70% of complaints filed through BBB are resolved. In some cases, BBB mediation or arbitration may be offered to assist in resolution.

Your complaint will be forwarded to the company within two business days. The company will be asked to respond within 14 days, and if a response is not received, a second request will be made. You will be notified of the company's response when we receive it (or notified that we received no response). Complaints are usually closed within 30 calendar days.

BBB reserves the right not to process complaints containing abusive or foul language.

and Here's the link:
https://odr.bbb.org/odrweb/public/getstarted.aspx

·
Registered
2,359 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
Thanks for the sympathy, guys. :woot:

Here's a list of things I brought up with the dealer and the service manager's response:

Complaint: My car rattles and sounds like it's ten years old.

Response: "It's never gonna quiet like a Cadillac. This is an entry level car."

Response: "It's a very inexpensive car... I can take apart the transmission piece by piece, but I don't recommend that."

Complaint: The left side of the dash is caving in. Black foam is spilling out.

Response: "We trimmed the foam." (they didn't fix anything, basically)

Complaint: There's a thin sheet of ice on the inside of my windshield and windows in the morning.

Response: "Take your floor mats out whenever you're parking the car for a long time, especially overnight." WTF?!!?

:8:

Amazing fuel economy aside, I hate this car. It's the worst car I've ever owned. I hate driving it, I hate sitting in it, I hate the whistling, I hate the absurdly loud rattles, I hate the build quality. lol

Nissan has lost my business. Too bad, because I was considering upgrading to the Juke.
Mine rattles a tiny bit and I also get a whistle/whine noise on occasion. Usually when really cold out. Nothing extremely loud and no one notices it but me. The rest of your complaints are horrible. I also hate the excuses the dealers give about being a cheap car. It is a cheap car, a very cheap car but still. Ice inside and dashes caving in are unacceptable even if it was a tata nano IMHO.

The juke forums people are complaining about the dash creak and horrible gas mileage too. Sounds like when the Versa first came out. Though I have been in a juke and the build quality and fit and finish makes the Versa look like crap. It's far superior, or at least to me it seems.

:cheers2: :cheers2: :cheers2:

he's thinking about a ford fiesta and the fiesta is built in Mexico too,
so fiesta de cinco de mayo everyday

http://wot.motortrend.com/6679209/auto-news/party-time-ford-begins-building-2011-ford-fiesta-in-mexico/index.html

I don't really care where my car was built, as long as is built right :driving:
The fiesta's are actually pretty nice. Don't forget to look into hyundai too. The new elantra is really nice and they have a hot hatch coming out I think next year.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I would call nissan directly.....(bypass the dealership)....sounds like you got a monday car.

did you get a carfax report on it??......missaligned panels and leaky windows sounds like a poor repair job from a serious accident. of course it's possible if it wasn't repoorted that it could have been fixed and won't show up anywhere. how many miles were on it when you got it??

those are ALOT of issues with a new car.

·
Registered
452 Posts
i know i had moisture on the inside of my windshield. i actully had to have a plate put on the underside of the car there was recallish thing on this if i recall dont know if that helps but i had mold on the floor under the passenger side mat the dash caving in sounds like honestly you got a badly assembled versa but good luck hope somebody helps you if not next time you get a car id give it a good shake down before purchasing but thats just me.

·
Registered
38 Posts

I think he meant that because it's such a cheaply made car at speeds above 40 mph your tranny box starts to shift and come apart.
cept hes full of shit since it wouldn't pass the safety requirements if it couldn't even manage to drive on the regulated highway speed LOL

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.