Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okie I was sad and a little relieved but I'm a little scared now. The problem is that my steering wheel shakes when I'm coming to a stop. I took it to Allen Tires to get aligned because I thought it was out of alignment. Then they said my rotors are warped probably because of the downhill driving I was doing at the mountains of Denver + rough street driving. So it cost me 150 dollars to get my rotors resurfaced and for a set of brake pads because i was down to 10%. After an hour they had my car in the parking lot and told me that the bushing in my rear control arm is almost gone. They said that it should last 70k miles and suggested to take it back to the dealer to get replaced. I asked them how much is it for them to change it and they said it may run up to 400 dollars because of the labor but the part it self may only be 35 dollars. I asked because my millage is at 36,538 so I'm over 36k bumper to bumper warranty. I went to the dealer and explained to the rep what happened, and she told me that their inspectors should have seen it when I brought in my car a few weeks ago for the vibration in my sunroof. She explained that they should do a 101 inspection before they start working on my car. wow this is a long story lol.

Relieved because I don't have to pay for the bushing and labor "I think, I'll find out mon or tue"
Scared because Nissan dealer did not see problem a few weeks back.
Happy because the inspector in Allen tires are so honest with me and didn't try to sold their service to me, instead they told me to go back to the dealer :p

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
after i resurface it 3 times :p and they said they will charge me 15 dollars each for labor if i bring in the rotors :p just the rotors :p sorry the town scared me a bit lol jk :p well i was carrying a lot of stuff in my car and my car dropped about 1 1/2 :p with out me in the car lol hahahaha i was only using my side mirrors :p

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
so i got my V the other day and heres what the invoice says:
Found rear lower control arm bushings separating, replaced rear lower control arm beam assembly. Check and secure beam assembly test drove vehicle.

55501-EM30A is the part number for the whole assembly lol i thought it just the bushing that they will replace...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Oh man, I am still where I was a week ago. I might just have to get the whole arm. Right now I think its the best thing to do, I might wait and loose ball joint and bearing plus other stuff.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
as an ex-machinist, if you just want to get the bushing you can have it manufactured and get them to measure it... but i dont know if it will have a chamfer or grooves... if not best bet is to get the whole arm... sorry wasnt any help :(

·
Registered
81 Posts
Excuse me...came here again and i hope you understand sometimes, i got into old threads. Just wanna avoid the hassle of creating new threads here. Anyway i have just one question. My sister has bought a versa last month and the mechanic told her the control arm bushing was broken...is this a serious problem? It that so, how much would it cost to have the replacement or the repair? Experts in this field please advise....

____________________________________--
luther

Ads by Google​

·
Registered
81 Posts
lower control arm

In addition to my comment before, I guess there is really a need for you to get a quality control arm because the same type of problem might happen again. By the I have here a set of control arm kit. It's guaranteed to be pretty useful.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.