Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just traded in my 2012 versa for a 2013. I love it. Warranty was up on the last one so I went ahead and traded it in 2 months ago. Well, 2 days ago I was driving and long story short... I crashed into the vehicle in front of me. I hit her pretty hard. No one was hurt but my airbag deployed. I'm kinda freaking out about the damage. The driver's airbag deployed. To look at it doesn't seem to bad but there is no longer fluid in the radiator, and the front end kind of shifted, the front bumper, hood, and first side panel on both sides are all damaged. Does the air bag deploying pretty much mean its totaled? At first I was really upset thinking it did but now I'm worried that if they don't total it I will have future problems with it.... Any response and information would be appreciated.

Thanks so much,

Shannon

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
welcome shannon. glad you're okay
i think it may not be totalled, but it depends on the insurance company
my versa was in an accident that didn't show up on the CarProof report [i bought it used], haven't had any issues related to front end or rad or engine. that's been my experience.
hope it all goes well. 08v

·
Registered
85 Posts
I'm on my second 2012 versa. I hit a mailbox and totalled the first one 2 weeks after I bought it. If the front rails/ engine supports are bent and the airbag went off, the repair bill will probably exceed the replacement value. I hope you have gap insurance. Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.