Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So as you guys should know, I totaled the Versa.. went out a few weeks later and decided on a Sentra. Already have fallen in love with this car, for me its exponentially better than the V, I'm not sure why I didn't get one in the first place.

here is the car the very day I got it:

and heres a list of what I've done with it so far:

-remove pin stripe
-"sentra" debadge
-20% all around
-SE-R Tail lights

On the way:

-Yellow Fog Light "Lamin-X"

·
Registered
867 Posts
Nice looking ride man, we don't get 'em here.

So after drink driving and writing your car off you still got your license? That's lucky.

·
Registered
452 Posts
hey aus im jealous of yer tiida lol that thing always look so much better then the versa

·
Registered
247 Posts
Nice!

I never really became a big fan of the new gen Sentra, My mom had a '01 and I loved that thing!

Yours has the somewhat inter-graded deck doesn't it? Where if you changed the deck you wont have the trip and all on that screen thing above it? I saw that in one. did not like it! Everyones going to inter-graded tho. The new accords and civics are separated all over the dash, so you can't just pull it out and slip in another deck.

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
Nice!

I never really became a big fan of the new gen Sentra, My mom had a '01 and I loved that thing!

Yours has the somewhat inter-graded deck doesn't it? Where if you changed the deck you wont have the trip and all on that screen thing above it? I saw that in one. did not like it! Everyones going to inter-graded tho. The new accords and civics are separated all over the dash, so you can't just pull it out and slip in another deck.
Did your mom have the 01 SE? If so it was the last good sentra. No offense to the opening poster but the 01 had an SR20DE engine and I am a big fan.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
austiida: I served a 90 suspension on my drivers license from Dec 8th - March 2nd.. March 3rd I was eligible to get my license back, and I did just that.

I had a 99 Sentra for my first car, loved it to death. Then I got the V, totaled it.. had a few thousand in negative equity, went out a few weeks later and bought this Sentra and rolled the negative equity into this one.

:)

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
Nice!

Not everything is integrated into the screen. The MTE is in the screen, but my brother's SE-R has two gauges on the top of the dash and still has the kms/tank info on the regular cluster above the steering wheel.

I personally like the newer styles better, but the huge mud guards are just way too big. With my brother's he has the added lower body mouldings so his do not look as big.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Not everything is integrated into the screen. The MTE is in the screen, but my brother's SE-R has two gauges on the top of the dash and still has the kms/tank info on the regular cluster above the steering wheel.

I personally like the newer styles better, but the huge mud guards are just way too big. With my brother's he has the added lower body mouldings so his do not look as big.
So if he did change the deck (which makes the screen inactive i believe) he'd still have the trip meter? I know the odo is in the cluster, but the trip wasn't from what I saw when I looked at one.

Did your mom have the 01 SE? If so it was the last good sentra. No offense to the opening poster but the 01 had an SR20DE engine and I am a big fan.
She had the GXE. It was recently totalled mid last year by an idiot in an suv. It wasn't even to 90k yet.

Here's a few pictures of it, about a month before it was totaled. And don't mind the mud on the wheels. I got it stuck in my parents yard that day >.<

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
My brother never replaced his deck. It is the stock one that came w/ the SE-R. It displays the Miles to Empty on there along with some other goodies. But he has two gauges on his dash (I know one is oil, can't remember the other), and then he has the regular cluster above the steering wheel that displays his total kms. He's not swapping anything out in the car.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts