Nissan Versa Forums banner

My stereo

6K views 31 replies 3 participants last post by  stingray 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello, I have a double din pioneer x720bt cd deck, a Rockford fosgate full range separate 6.5 kit with 1 inch tweeter. I ordered off Crutchfield site, and they included speaker brackets and bass blockers. I’ll be fiberglassing in a few months to put the tweeter on the a pillars.( I think they sound better when aimed towards the back from the pillars.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
This is my setup I’m currently working on. I wanted to have a sub in the trunk without taking up to much space. I plan on fiberglassing the spare tire and build the “sides” of the box out of mdf to better seal the fiberglass part. This will take some time, but just wanted to share just in case any one else is wanting to do the same. I’m using a Rockford Fosgate “p1” subwoofer. It’s rated I think 300 rms( not the best, but good enough for what I need). The amp that I’m using to run the sub it a Rockford Fosgate p200.2 (200 x 1 bridged). I’m still working on my tweeter pods also. I just had to get enough fiberglass to do both.

Attachments

#3 ·
These are my tweeter pods I’m making! I cut a piece of pvc pipe with a hacksaw at the angle that i wanted. Next I stretched a T-shirt over the pipe, and then glue( contact cement) little sections at a time. I know I have to pull the bottom piece a little thighter! I’ll probably spray them with bed liner, then when they are dry I’ll make a fiberglass mold of them.

Attachments

#9 ·
Wassup all, I’m still working on doing the fiberglass spare tire, but the fiberglass I had left over was no good, and I just built this set up for time being. 12” angled box to fit the backseat contour. The box sounds great, but I can’t fit the kids bikes, and scooters in without almost denting the sub. I ll probably end up spray painting the box with truck bedliner until I get the spare tire box finished!
Subwoofer Trunk Vehicle audio Loudspeaker Car subwoofer

#10 ·
Wassup all, I’m still working on doing the fiberglass spare tire, but the fiberglass I had left over was no good, and I just built this set up for time being. 12” angled box to fit the backseat contour. The box sounds great, but I can’t fit the kids bikes, and scooters in without almost denting the sub. I ll probably end up spray painting the box with truck bedliner until I get the spare tire box finished! View attachment 17281
Wassup all, I’m still working on doing the fiberglass spare tire, but the fiberglass I had left over was no good, and I just built this set up for time being. 12” angled box to fit the backseat contour. The box sounds great, but I can’t fit the kids bikes, and scooters in without almost denting the sub. I ll probably end up spray painting the box with truck bedliner until I get the spare tire box finished! View attachment 17281
,, wassup all, I started to fiberglass the spare tire. I don’t know how long it will take. I’ll be taking pictures on the process.
items use: fiberglass resin
2 t shirts
Paint brush, and time!

#17 ·
, .

Final coat of fiberglass, and mat for now! I used this whole can on this part of the project. 1/4 May left so far. I just plan to connect this piece to the wood so far, then fiberglass some more maybe. I don’t know yet. My whole plan with this build is to have a functioning system with a sub, and have a full trunk.

#20 ·

. Just showing in these pictures height is 5” inches on my “blocks”. There is plenty of space for a 15 in the spare tire if you can find one that doesn’t require a lot of magnet space! Last picture is where the fiberglass “box” is going! Waiting on some more fiberglass for now.

#23 ·
Just got around to messing with the spare tire box again after soooo long! I decided to cut down the extra fabric on top so that I could put a mdf piece for the speaker cut out. I used a 4 1/2 cut off wheel to cut the fiberglass, and mdf. My plans are to fiberglass the mdf cut out to the rest of the box, and “maybe” have a flush mount cut out to help protect the surround of the speaker. I do not know the volume inside the sub as of now ( I’ll measure it later, I just want it to fit under the factory trunk cover). I know the box is not straight! I’ll fix what needs to be fix when I do the sub cut out.
Manhole cover Automotive tire Manhole Road surface Wood

Automotive tire Wood Plant Gas Road surface

Automotive tire Road surface Rim Synthetic rubber Gas

Fluid Natural material Shipping box Wood Cuisine

Water Wood Sculpture Font Gas

Water Wood Automotive tire Plumbing fixture Plumbing

#24 ·
Just picked up a smaller 8” subwoofer that I think will fit in the spare tire enclosure just fine. Skar vd-8 dual 4 ohm. The quantum audio 12 is going to take more work that I don’t have time for. $65.00 well spent, and awesome quality from what I can tell!
Output device Camera accessory Camera lens Cameras & optics Flash photography

#25 ·
Plant Gas Composite material Circle Wood

Wood Dishware Watch Computer keyboard Auto part

Automotive tire Wood Automotive wheel system Circle Auto part

Wood Circle Metal Fashion accessory Font
This is how the sub is going to set in the center, but under the factory floor. 16” wide, by 6” deep ( it’s reading 7” on the picture, but take 1” away for the screw down on top of the spare). I’ll cut the box down hopefully before it rains in Nc tomorrow! The box is not prefect, nor do I care to get it perfect. The jagged pieces hurt my eyes as well.
Front speaks: Rf prime 165-s component set.
Sub: Skar ve-8 dual 4 ohm.
Amp: Rockford Fosgate “5x400”- running tri mode.