Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems like the best place to vent is anonymously to strangers, so here goes:
(Almost) every job out of college (last 4 years) has been filled with idiot bosses or something toxic in the work environment. For Example:
Job 1: Heat treating facility. Super hot. No AC. Boss during first business trip (1st month in) describes drinking challenge as “4th and final job interview” and forces me to keep up beer-to-beer with him and “not lose my temper” because he needed to screen my drunken behavior before he could trust me with customers. Forced me to got dance with a random blonde (engaged at this point). Super hung over for next morning’s business meeting. Otherwise, not a malicious boss, just a run of the mill arrogant jerk.
Job 2: Kick ass job with government in a town that is hard to find employment if not a US Cit (Dept of Defense is largest employer) . Therefore wifey couldn’t get job with brand new PhD…. Moving to Pennsylvania to try that out and wife’s new job.
Job 3: Pennsylvania really really sucked. Got work similar to first job in a family owned coating company. Owner was batshit crazy. Production manager was not my direct boss, but he is an alcoholic and chews me about random stuff/honesty to customers. Direct boss is crooked. Logic is all funny; 1+1=3 and if you say otherwise “Ill rip your [email protected]*& head off, cause I am your boss and you will respect me!!!!!”. 9 hour work day is standard – overtime expected and demanded often all on salary for 10k less than Job 2 in a place that is 15% more expensive to live. Wife yells at me for being ‘workaholic’ and neglecting kids when 5 minutes late (okay, I cut A LOT of slack, in hind-sight, she had post-partum depression). Taking customer complaints sucks… Okay, have another kid, talk wifey into quitting and joining me back in Alabama to hopefully get job similar to Job 2….
Job 4: Wifey super sensitive to anything I say that is wrong about Job 4, super sensitive about bad mouthing Pennsylvania. Join one of two groups of people in town that do what I want to do, interview processed was rushed and vague. I discover from old friend that I joined the ‘asshole’ group instead of the ‘nice people’ group……. I write it off as bad personal experience. Four months later, turns out friend was correct. Coworkers anal and arrogant – incorrect a healthy percentage of the time as well on technical details – I am effectively outside the ‘clique’ and there sense of humor is to berate me constantly because “that’s how we show friendship…. If we didn’t like you, we wouldn’t talk to you at all”. Reality is they are just unfunny jerks. Not getting enough projects because of social side of office conflicting with professional side. Have to pretend it is the best job ever to wife because she quit her job that she loved. Pennsylvania sucks…. If my dead body was put in the group there, I would claw out of the permafrost and crawl my zombie ass to Virginia… can’t tell wife this either, but that is reasonable as my hate is not completely reasonable.

Mix in my in-laws deciding for themselves that I need to be separated from my wife – they are abusive nut cases as well (ie, molester uncle, physically violent mother, cheating father). Mother-in-law (and sister-in-law) comes to town and stays for 3 MONTHS with us in a tiny 2bd rm apartment with us and our 2 children, no health insurance and gets staph infection raking up 11Gs in debt for (me and my wife) and having to have surgery on CHRISTMAS FUCKING DAY. She spent previous 2 weeks drinking ‘aloe juice’ and insisting in Spanish that it was improving, refusing doctor visit.
Come back to Alabama to find my rented house TRASHED and wife is super pissed at me (I picked the tenant) , I fix the place by myself while wife is staying with the kids and my evil mother-in-law with constantly talks in her ear about how she should take the kids and leave me.
Is it just me or are 80% of people completely crazy? I am like a magnet or something. I think even I am getting to the edge of sanity.

Thank God for my two healthy children and the fact that I could find these jobs in this economy. And for the fact that at critical times, I have not had a loaded pistol within arms reach or otherwise I would know what a supersonic bullet tastes like.

Okay, welcome to be life at the moment! Sorry for the novel. Feels really really good to write it out. FYI, wife and I are slowing getting it back together and have some great moments again. Thank God for her too, my lovely pain-in-the-ass misses :D. I can deal with her crap.:thumb2:

-D3F

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Good job hangin in there defjake, don't give up

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Hang in there dude, you've had a rough go but it always gets better! At least your at peace with your woman... that is always a good thing and a sign of things to come.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
5 Participants
Paul79UF
Nissan Versa Forums
We’re a forum community dedicated to Nissan Versa owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion on performance, troubleshooting, accessories, purchasing, maintenance and more!
Full Forum Listing