·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
RAZO RA-96
340g
Black leather
Cost me $60

I didnt get to take pics of installation though. Sorry!
I pulled off the OEM shift knob, then the I literally had to hack the install from there. The new shift knob interfered with the reverse lockout, so I had to use a hacksaw to hack off the sleeve along the top of the reverse ring. Then had to hack off the bushing from the OEM shift knob. The RAZO came with different bushing for different shifter diameters, I used a 10mm bushing. Finally with a rubber mallet and a cloth, hammered the shift knob onto the shaft, being aware of how far it should to give enough distance to release the reverse lockout.

Yes it does look quite rough, but in the essence of a much lighter shift feel, its worth it!

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
put a ribbed rubber boot where that gap is and it would look much better. You can find them in caliper hardware kits. They are the boots that go over the slide pin. It would work well for you I believe.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
put a ribbed rubber boot where that gap is and it would look much better. You can find them in caliper hardware kits. They are the boots that go over the slide pin. It would work well for you I believe.
Yes I was thinking the same thing as well. Gonna file it down to clean it up and find a boot for it.

sweet Applix if I had that kind of skill I would do the same. How does it feel shifting now? I just hate the clunk feeling in the stock shifting.
Shifting through gears feels much better, it glides effortlessly. I was kinda aiming for a heavier knob, like a Skunk2 but this is more than enough.

·
Registered
202 Posts
How you liking the knob still?

I just ordered one off amazon for 43$ and change shipped for the altima i just bought.

not many options with reverse-lockout and the nice weighted ones are PRICEY!!!!!

·
Registered
638 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Reverse lockout for manual trans? It keeps the car from being put into reverse while driving forward.

·
Registered
202 Posts
correct, basically a lever you push up on so that you can go over into Reverse, keeps people from going from 5th to Reverse lol, altho im not too sure how you could make that mistake lOl:hand:

·
Registered
452 Posts
on the subject man i would take some sandpaper and smooth the top of the lockout out a bit and then paint the white part.. black or sharpie it :p just my 2 cents but it could help ya clean it up a bit.

·
Registered
35 Posts
correct, basically a lever you push up on so that you can go over into Reverse, keeps people from going from 5th to Reverse lol, altho im not too sure how you could make that mistake lOl:hand:
idk if its only on the hatch, but on mine the reverse is next to the one. cuz its a six speed. its so u wont go into reverse instead of first haha. i dont think theres a reverse lockout for a 5 speed unless the R is next to the one. or possibly next to the 5 instead of under it.

·
Registered
202 Posts
idk if its only on the hatch, but on mine the reverse is next to the one. cuz its a six speed. its so u wont go into reverse instead of first haha. i dont think theres a reverse lockout for a 5 speed unless the R is next to the one. or possibly next to the 5 instead of under it.
Ohhh well I was referring to my altima, I guess they are different, same concept though.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.