Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It won't read the disk... I can hear the disk trying to spin, but something keeps rubbing the disk :question:

I must take it apart. Wii is out of warranty so I need to find out what's going on on my own....
found this video :idea: on youtube.com

so here I'm ready... to start the surgery :biggrinjester:
as we speak....

I think my lil boy was messing with it

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
tri wing screwdriver?!?!? :question:

Walmart doesn't have that! :facepalm:

I'll see how can get around that then, if the screws are not too tights...

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll see how can get around that then, if the screws are not too tights...
and they're pretty tight!

I don't want to screw it up, so I'm going to put it on hold and go to game stop and see if they have a try-wing screwdriver

this is how far I was able to go

it looks pretty simple to take apart, just that trywing screwdriver is a must have. I'm learning... :thumb2:
if it can't be fixed, then I'll buy a new Wii

·
Registered
247 Posts
I hope you get it figured out and fix it!

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
i brought my ps2 back to health blowing it out with a can of air, and my old laptop too, both filthy! Even though it's kinda obvious, i thought i would mention it cuz the results were dramatic

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks yall, well got the tri-wing driver today =) it fits right on, much easier. Yes, If I can't get it to work, then I will get a new Wii system.

here's the triwing driver. it has a magnet so it won't let you drop the tri-wing screw

the problem with my wii is that when I put a disk in it sounds like something is inside while the disc is spinning so I will try to open it and see what's in there as we speak

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
man.. that tri-wing driver made a huge difference removing those screws.
way easier...

here I was able to remove everything, I removed the CD drive and was looking for any broken parts, or anything unusual...

looking for broken parts

I'd put a wii disc game in and it didn't spin or anything,

then I found this broken plastic piece hanging out, not sure what it is or what it does, very small, I can even take a picture with my camera because is too small, but now the disc is magically spinning

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
here it is finally spinning and I was holding that broken plastic piece that I found inside the cd drive somewhere

now I'm trying to put the wii back together

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
this is what it was doing before, not spinning or anything
see...no spinning no reading disc, no nothing, just dead, it was making a funny noise but you can't hear it and on the TV it just said error please see owners manual and it didn't let me get back on the main screen.

now after removing that plastic piece, I can finally say the wii is back in business again and I'm Happy!!! very lucky any of the moving parts were not damaged :thumb2:

now this is what I call a Happy ending!!!!!!! :party:

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
was the broken plastic actually part of the system, or an intruder? Ya never know what find its way in there, or how on earth it got there lol. i gotta ask my son how he likes MK. good job!

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks!
the broken plastic is part of the system...lol but it was not part of any moving parts and as far I know it should not affect how the wii operates.

here I'm pointing where the piece came from, not sure how it was broken but it was hanging out and rubbing against the disc.

i also cleaned the lazer that reads the disc. my wii is about 3 years old

1 - 12 of 12 Posts