Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I replaced the AC blower motor on my 2014 Versa S and got that working fine. When I put everything back together I noticed this connector was leftover. I looked through the entire repair manual but haven't found anything. One clue is that the slip indicator light has stayed on since the repair. I just don't see where it could plug into. It's fairly short.

·
Registered
56 Posts
When you were pulling the blower, did you follow the method where you remove the pedal assembly? Because there are two sensors that sit right next to each other, almost above the brake pedal - they're round with a little plunger looking thing at the end of them. One (normally) has a brown connector, one has a white connector.

One of those two sensors has to do with cruise control...I don't know what the other does...and even if you don't have cruise control, you still have this sensor. Since it's causing your TC to illuminate, it'd be a place to look.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I took out the brake & gas pedal assembly to get to the blower motor.

One of those two sensors has to do with cruise control...I don't know what the other does...and even if you don't have cruise control, you still have this sensor. Since it's causing your TC to illuminate, it'd be a place to look.
I think the other is the brake light switch. This car doesn't have cruise control, but I will check that area again.

·
Registered
361 Posts
that slip indicator light usually comes on when the SAS (steering angle sensor) is unplugged...but that is basically behind the clockspring where the steering wheel is, so it would be far from it based on what you are saying.
anyway, is that connected? It's a white connector that looks just like that.

If you don't have cruise control the brown connector doesn't work, it's just prewired.

·
Registered
273 Posts
The connector could be unrelated to the repair and is just wires for an option you don't have. How many wires are on the connector and what color are they?

The easiest way to figure this out are to pull codes from the abs module since there are a lot of things that can turn that light on.

The two plunger parts on the pedal assembly are both brake switches. One for the stop lamps and one to cancel cruise control. You don't have cruise, so you only have one. My guess is that that plug is for the cruise cancel one and is not plugged into anything, but can easily be verified with the wire number and color.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The connector could be unrelated to the repair and is just wires for an option you don't have. How many wires are on the connector and what color are they?

The easiest way to figure this out are to pull codes from the abs module since there are a lot of things that can turn that light on.

The two plunger parts on the pedal assembly are both brake switches. One for the stop lamps and one to cancel cruise control. You don't have cruise, so you only have one. My guess is that that plug is for the cruise cancel one and is not plugged into anything, but can easily be verified with the wire number and color.
Here are the wires. I'm color blind so I have no idea what color they are

I went to autozone a couple weeks ago and got these codes:
P0603
P2122
P2127

The check engine light was on that day, but it has stayed off after autozone reset it. The slip indicator light is still on.

·
Registered
273 Posts
The closest thing I'm seeing in diagrams is the hazard switch, but I don't know that it would reach there. If it was on the far left side I'd wonder if it was a factory accessory connector maybe.

It looks like their scantool doesn't communicate with the abs or eps modules, since there are only p codes there. Those codes look like the maybe a connector was unplugged with the ignition on?

I'd scan it with something that can read the code since there is one stored there if the slip light is on.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts