Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
{I have a 2007 Nissan versa s 6 speed} So this is gonna sound.... Weird or whatever.... My car sat for about 2 years because of the transponder chip going missing out of my key... (No idea how that happened lol) so fast-forward and I paid a locksmith about $120 to come out and program 3 keys. Well, shortly after that, the clutch went out ... So my bf said he would take care of it while I was back home visiting family. Okay cool. I guess while I was gone, one night it just started going off. Like alarm and hazards or whatever. I'm not sure. There is a viper system installed in the vehicle as well. It was in it when I got it. Ever since then tho, the imobilizer is reactivated and won't read any of the keys or anything. I have no idea how to reset it .. I have Googled and googled and googled. Tried everything that I could possibly find and to no avail.... Is there any way to bypass the NATS system at all??

·
Registered
514 Posts
we would need to know why that happens, before starting to change stuff or fixing.

if there is a bad contact somewhere that may be easier to fix.

NATS is basically the computer in the engine box (ECM), the computer behind the glove box (BCM) and the antenna behind the key cylinder. It could be that any of this may be malfunctioning but my guess it that something else is jamming the system

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When I unplug just one plus from the computer behind the glove box, the only light that turns off on the dash is the security light. But then when I attempt to crank it it won't crank. When I plug that back in tho the security light comes back on and it will crank. I've tried to figure everything out and that's the only thing that changes. I will hook up the scanner when I get back to my bfs house and I will let y'all know what code comes up if any.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.