Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 20 of 177 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Hello ladies, Feb 22nd I picked up my new 2014 Nissan Note S. Not sure why but this little car just brings back alot of memories from the old Toyotas I use to drive as a kid. Bare bones with none of those bells & whistles, just me & my tin can. I added Tanabe coilovers, tinted the windows & added a cat back Vibrant exhaust. I think pics are attached :grin

Exhaust tone
Nissan Note Vibrant exhaust - YouTube

By the way stay tuned I have alot more coming for this bad boy

Attachments

·
Registered
257 Posts
Welcome. And the note looks really good dropped like that.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Hello ladies, Feb 22nd I picked up my new 2014 Nissan Note S. Not sure why but this little car just brings back alot of memories from the old Toyotas I use to drive as a kid. Bare bones with none of those bells & whistles, just me & my tin can. I added Tanabe coilovers, tinted the windows & added a cat back Vibrant exhaust. I think pics are attached :grin

Exhaust tone
Nissan Note Vibrant exhaust - YouTube

By the way stay tuned I have alot more coming for this bad boy

welcome and congrats on the Note...i am curious how you got a hold of anything from Tanabe as far as coil overs since they don't even produce any for the Note here stateside yet and they only produce an axle back exhaust for the Note, both of which you have to have imported from japan at the moment...also, why is one of your pictures of a silver Note and the other of a magnetic gray Note? not saying you dont have the stuff, but it would be news to me since i'm the test car for Tanabe's products for the Note and they dont even have coil overs available for the Note state side yet and it would cost around a quarter of what you paid for the car to get them imported from japan....was there another set of coil overs from tanabe that they sell here in the states that fits the Note or did you get them imported? also could you provide a sound clip of the exhaust? as i want to hear what it sounds like with a full cat back exhaust on this car and also would like to know if your Note is a prototype tester for the vibrant exhaust as they dont list any exhaust system for the Note on the vibrant performance website.

edit: nevermind, my half awake self missed the link to the exhaust clip...sounds nice, but is it for sale to the public is the question?

·
Registered
639 Posts
also wanted to add that if you are looking to add rims to the car at some point, be careful of the rear drum brakes as they have a raised center that prevents alot of rims from being mounted without having at least a 5mm wheel spacer with extended studs as the stock wheel studs are a little on the short side.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Awesome, you have done a lot in such little time. Congrats and Welcome. I'm in Chicago too btw =)

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
also wanted to add that if you are looking to add rims to the car at some point, be careful of the rear drum brakes as they have a raised center that prevents alot of rims from being mounted without having at least a 5mm wheel spacer with extended studs as the stock wheel studs are a little on the short side.
Hey Note I totally understand where ur coming from & u are right about that 1st pic, it is not mine. I bought this car Saturday & by Sunday it was already modified, so I completely forgot to get a stock pic of it. Did not think much of it as all u guys should know what a stock Note looks like, so I just posted a generic pic up. I also did that with the Tanabe pic. Now in regards to my parts, I come from a time that u build ur car, not wait for a company to make something. My friends at Touge Factory hooked it up with the Vibrant muffler & with some extra stainless steel 2.5 piping we created our own cat back & as u can hear by the clip its a nice deep tone that I can drive around town without sounding like a Civic.

(By the way the exhaust measurements are 5-6mm less than the Impul exhaust coz I wanted to stay close to their R&D size of 70mm without that raspy sound)

On to the Tanabe coilovers. As many of u should know, our Note is on a so called B platform which is shared with multiple Nissan & Renault models. Hence all can be modified to fit with a little tech savy & willingness. What other popular model out there shares our platform? Well, the ever so popular Cube. So the spring rates are fine as we share the same platform & the cube is just a bit heavier. I had to remove the camber plates & use the Notes stock top hats & make the top spindle bolt oval, easy as pie. The rear shocks are identical I just had to modify the spring landing to hold the actual coilover adjuster part in place. After that mod I can say Im the 1st slammed static Note out here. >:D

New wheels will be here shortly, Volks for the win & once that shows up & will post some pics of those.

Awesome, you have done a lot in such little time. Congrats and Welcome. I'm in Chicago too btw =)
Actually u know who I am from JDMC. Check out the pics, u will recognize my cars.

PS guys, I was also the 1st slammed Sonata in the US & one of the 1st few Bugs done up out here.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Oh yea, haha. Cool cars. Necos right?

·
Registered
639 Posts
Hey Note I totally understand where ur coming from & u are right about that 1st pic, it is not mine. I bought this car Saturday & by Sunday it was already modified, so I completely forgot to get a stock pic of it. Did not think much of it as all u guys should know what a stock Note looks like, so I just posted a generic pic up. I also did that with the Tanabe pic. Now in regards to my parts, I come from a time that u build ur car, not wait for a company to make something. My friends at Touge Factory hooked it up with the Vibrant muffler & with some extra stainless steel 2.5 piping we created our own cat back & as u can hear by the clip its a nice deep tone that I can drive around town without sounding like a Civic.

(By the way the exhaust measurements are 5-6mm less than the Impul exhaust coz I wanted to stay close to their R&D size of 70mm without that raspy sound)

On to the Tanabe coilovers. As many of u should know, our Note is on a so called B platform which is shared with multiple Nissan & Renault models. Hence all can be modified to fit with a little tech savy & willingness. What other popular model out there shares our platform? Well, the ever so popular Cube. So the spring rates are fine as we share the same platform & the cube is just a bit heavier. I had to remove the camber plates & use the Notes stock top hats & make the top spindle bolt oval, easy as pie. The rear shocks are identical I just had to modify the spring landing to hold the actual coilover adjuster part in place. After that mod I can say Im the 1st slammed static Note out here. >:D

New wheels will be here shortly, Volks for the win & once that shows up & will post some pics of those.

Actually u know who I am from JDMC. Check out the pics, u will recognize my cars.

PS guys, I was also the 1st slammed Sonata in the US & one of the 1st few Bugs done up out here.
Awesome work man...thought I was the only one modifying my note out there but glad to have another modified note to swap ideas with...looking forward to seeing those volks on there also...the reason I gave you the info on the spacers is cause I am currently in the process of swapping out my stock rims with ssr type c

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Definitely man, SSRs are gonna look dope on that car. What size did u end up choosing? I did 17x7 with a 38 offset but they are 3 piece, so any issues I can add a different lip & change my overall width & offset

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Also I'm working on installing cross drilled & slotted rotors from a Cube, I will let u guys know if that's compatible. I bought a leather Clazzio Cube interior but yeah that didn't work for our cars. Anybody with a Cube u can have the interior for 200 bucks

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Can't wait to see this thing in person once you get the wheels and rotors (if they fit) installed.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Nice Note. Welcome to the forums. You should post a clip of the that exhaust, I would love to hear it.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Definitely man, SSRs are gonna look dope on that car. What size did u end up choosing? I did 17x7 with a 38 offset but they are 3 piece, so any issues I can add a different lip & change my overall width & offset
lol, i went exact same size as you aside from the SSR type C's i got are 17x7.5 with a 42 offset, got a killer deal on them since SSR discontinued making them and found a guy locally selling them for a grand with tires already on them and 2 spare tires to boot. as for the issues i was having, turns out the guy didnt know that the shop he had mount the rims for him put hub centric rings on the rim so i had to pop those out and now they fit beautifully so i dont think you should have any issues with the volks your are planning on putting on your Note. also if you are looking for other parts and dont mind importing them or having someone fabricate them, this site is full of all the JDM goodies that are already available for the Note in Japan: E12 NOTE Aero Parts / Tuning Performance Auto Parts Online Shop - E12 NOTE Online Shop - Auto-Style USA - Japan Car Parts JDM Parts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
lol, i went exact same size as you aside from the SSR type C's i got are 17x7.5 with a 42 offset, got a killer deal on them since SSR discontinued making them and found a guy locally selling them for a grand with tires already on them and 2 spare tires to boot. as for the issues i was having, turns out the guy didnt know that the shop he had mount the rims for him put hub centric rings on the rim so i had to pop those out and now they fit beautifully so i dont think you should have any issues with the volks your are planning on putting on your Note. also if you are looking for other parts and dont mind importing them or having someone fabricate them, this site is full of all the JDM goodies that are already available for the Note in Japan: E12 NOTE Aero Parts / Tuning Performance Auto Parts Online Shop - E12 NOTE Online Shop - Auto-Style USA - Japan Car Parts JDM Parts

Nice info, thanks

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Nice lowered Note, welcome!

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Nice Note. Welcome to the forums. You should post a clip of the that exhaust, I would love to hear it.
He already did. Think it's on the first page or one of his other threads.

1 - 20 of 177 Posts