Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if there is a relatively cheap way to boost the power without loosing too much fuel economy. Gas out here is pretty expensive but I don't drive like Ms. Daisy is in the back. I'm driving a 2012 sedan and I figure I'd start looking at mods early.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Unfortunately the new gen has less engine room in some places than the 1st gen did, i'd start off with a ram-air intake as I noticed a slight increase between the areas of 3-7k in acceleration.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
its a 2012 sedan so its a 1.6 they don't have a 2012 sedan 1.8.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
The 1.6 versa isn't a performance machine, especially if you got the CVT. And like they said, there isn't much room for any serious mods. Ram air, high flow muffler, and thats about it..

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Go for a cold air intake, they are on sale at www.versaspeed.com right now, and you can get yourself a DC catback exhaust as well.

the DC header prototypes came in a couple weeks ago, once they are cleared they will be available in a couple months.

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
Get the Impul supercharger fir the hr15de and seenif it works :).

·
Registered
656 Posts
go all out and boost it

·
Registered
377 Posts
Wondering what any air mods are going to do on an engine that's designed to use as little fuel as possible. 2012 versa has these new fuel injectors that create a very fine mist and basically the whole thing is geared toward fuel economy...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.