Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I got a brand new 11 versa sl fully loaded a month ago. I will idle for 10 to 20 minutes usually because I like to get to work early. I noticed after idling for a few minutes, the ac will turn off. The compressor itself doesn't work. I will turn the ac compressor button on off and nothing happens. The ac light is on so I know the compressor should be on. The rpm doesn't change. Once I start driving, it will kick in again and I hear the compressor engage/ I took it to nissan and they replaced I believe the temp sensor, inside the dash. The problem continues. Now when I am idle for 20 minutes or so, the high temp light comes on. I also noticed the ac isn't that cool. Anyone notice that? I am taking it back to nissan tomorrow for someone else to look at it. It is quite frustrating. I am concerned about the overheating, I had a titan before this and never had any issue idling. Could the ac and the overheating be linked? Also the compressor is quite loud, is this normal? Thanks for the help.

I also got a remote starter installed but I don't see how this could have any issue with overheating or the ac.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
I can relate to the compressor beeing pretty loud. As to what might be causing the problem I really have no idea. Haven't had that issue with my 11' only the loudness of the AC when turned on. I really hope they are able to figure it out at te dealer cause I can only imagine how annoying and frustrating it is. Good luck

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
do your fans turn on when you turn the AC on? You should not be overheating. Don't continue to do this or eventually you will need a new engine. If under warranty just keep going back until they fix the problem. Go check out another 11 on the lot and see if it behaves the same way. Also check to see if your low on coolant as I've heard about new versa owners noticing they were low straight from the dealer.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
wow, I was probably really bored when I made that video

anyhow,
he fan and AC compressor is acting up now... the fan kicks on and off, I'm goinna say a little bit too much about...every...30 seconds the fan starts running, then it turns off and it cycles a little bit too much. the AC light remains on

not sure what it is but it needs a freon level check. I wonder if I could do that myself.

the AC seems to be working normal, when the windshield gets foggy, I turn the AC on and the windshield clears up.

What bothers me is the fan kicking on and off too many times in less than a minute.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
247 Posts
wow, I was probably really bored when I made that video

anyhow,
he fan and AC compressor is acting up now... the fan kicks on and off, I'm goinna say a little bit too much about...every...30 seconds the fan starts running, then it turns off and it cycles a little bit too much. the AC light remains on

not sure what it is but it needs a freon level check. I wonder if I could do that myself.

the AC seems to be working normal, when the windshield gets foggy, I turn the AC on and the windshield clears up.

What bothers me is the fan kicking on and off too many times in less than a minute.

Any ideas?
You can check the freon yourself. I don't remember where we got it, but we have a gauge on a tube that you connect and it reads out the pressure I think, which tells you if its low or not.

With the car running, go to the front of the car and check the fan. I'm not sure if it is the same, being as I have a Saturn. But my fan did that once, after a while I decided to look at it, and a few days after looking at it my fan died. It did vibrate some in the end.

I can't think of anything else that would be causing it tho.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
You can check the freon yourself. I don't remember where we got it, but we have a gauge on a tube that you connect and it reads out the pressure I think, which tells you if its low or not.

With the car running, go to the front of the car and check the fan. I'm not sure if it is the same, being as I have a Saturn. But my fan did that once, after a while I decided to look at it, and a few days after looking at it my fan died. It did vibrate some in the end.

I can't think of anything else that would be causing it tho.
Thanks for the reply :)

went outside and looked at the fan and it seems that the compressor turns on and off, after the compressor turns on, the fan kicks on and starts spinning, then the compressor shuts down, and the fan turns off.

a few seconds later, the compressor turns on again, then the fan turns on and starts spinning, then the compressor turns off, and the fan turns off

a few seconds later, it does it again. I think if it keeps over doing it over and over so much :beatdeadhorse5: the fan can die. maybe the fan relay can go bad or something

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
fan cycling in short intervals is normal. That's why I never see the temp gauge fluctuate in my Altima and previous Sentra. Wish the V had a proper gauge and not the idiot lights

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
fan cycling in short intervals is normal. That's why I never see the temp gauge fluctuate in my Altima and previous Sentra. Wish the V had a proper gauge and not the idiot lights
I was thinking that too...that it could be normal. the best I can do at this point is to video the event and let you guys see it, and also check the freon level. maybe advance auto parts can let me borrow or loan the ac gage but I'm not sure what it should read according with the outside temp. maybe is fine and if I over fill it with freon it can blow a hose.

I will charge my camera and film what is doing and then post it later :thumb2:

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Here's the video, so this is what the fan is doing.

I'm thinking low freon

No status on this, still haven't had time to check the freon level
but the AC works when I turn the knob to the windshield, but its hard to tell when is cold outside. my other side of the brain tells me, if ain't broke don't fix it :shrug:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.