Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 3 inch(L) x 1 inch(W) straight line of pure paint lost on my front right fender near the wheel well/mud flap. The paint has been slowly chipping and peeling off for the past year. The damaged area would be too costly to repair properly for such a small area. I was thinking about putting vinyl sticker bomb sheet to prevent and stop further paint lost. I would like to have an honest opinion, thoughts or additional course of action I could take to fix this eye sore.

As always,
Thanks.

·
Registered
28 Posts
DIY paint repair. Pep boys has a paint match selection where you enter your car info and they can order you a can of your oem color. If you do a poor job. Which you'll probably do fine proceed with sticker bomb. My 2cents. Hehe.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have several cans of A20 paint and clear coat. I did do my own paint job on my grill, but that was just a simple full coverage. Touching up requires me to sand the general area and if I only sand that area the clear coat/paint won't look the same as the factory coat. So in my mind, if I where to DIY it, I have to sand blast the whole fender. Sorry if my thoughts aren't translating correctly to my fingers, another problem rose from the Versa and flustered at the moment.

·
Registered
35 Posts
If you have luck like mine, just wait til someone hits you lol. My fender got bent when my car fell off the jack n landed on my tire, I couldn't afford my $500 deductible so I let it go but then dec 27th a plow took out the front end and everything is fixed now lmao! Just my two cents, I know it prolly won't help you but maybe you'll get a laugh out of it. :)

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The original crack in paint was about 2in (L) x .5in (W) a year ago.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
If you have luck like mine, just wait til someone hits you lol. My fender got bent when my car fell off the jack n landed on my tire, I couldn't afford my $500 deductible so I let it go but then dec 27th a plow took out the front end and everything is fixed now lmao! Just my two cents, I know it prolly won't help you but maybe you'll get a laugh out of it. :)
Hahaha, in the back of my head I'm always thinking "Man I hope I hit a deer" that way I can get CF hood, and perhaps aftermarket bumper and lights lol.

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
if that is the front fender just leave it be and put away a couple of dollars in a jar. By the time that is bad you can afford a used good condition red fender and then it's just a bolt on affair. There are a million V's out there and plenty of red ones.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Hahaha, in the back of my head I'm always thinking "Man I hope I hit a deer" that way I can get CF hood, and perhaps aftermarket bumper and lights lol.
Oh my God! I swore I was the only one with a similar thought process! It'll give me a reason to get the sport package front bumper and a CF hood!

if that is the front fender just leave it be and put away a couple of dollars in a jar. By the time that is bad you can afford a used good condition red fender and then it's just a bolt on affair. There are a million V's out there and plenty of red ones.
Aye I never thought of that, but sadly I bought a sticker bomb book already :ihih:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Oh I definitely know what you mean lol. I had a deer hit me! I was driving 65 home from work them bam! I thought I hit something but then I remembered I was paying attention so I couldn't have hit anything. So I pull over and my back drivers side door has a dent n a long deep scratch. I'm like wtf! Then I turned around and drove back a little and saw the deer (not a pretty sight but idc lol) and I was like tell ur friends lol. But I thought it was nuts, how can a deer hit the side of the car while I'm goin 65, talk about perfect timing lol.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.