Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I have a few questions that hopefully all of you more experience individuals may be able to help me out on.

I am looking to replace the stock speakers on my 2011 Versa S. I would like to install these speakers: Amazon.com: Polk Audio DB651s Slim-Mount 6.5-Inch Coaxial Speakers (Pair): Electronics

My question is, do I need any special adapter in order to install these? If there is some reading material somewhere that may help me out, please let me know.

I appreciate you taking the time to read this, and any help you may provide.

Thanks!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hey, welcome to the forums,

You will not really need any special adapters to put those in, they are the right size, but what you will notice when you open the doors is that the screw holes will not line up with the ones from the stock nissan speakers. You will have to drill new ones.

Also the nissan speaker plug will have to be cut off and you will have to put on connectors like the blue ones in this picture
http://www.2carpros.com/images/articles/electrical/connector/wire_connectors.jpg

Then you can slide those over the new speakers and they will work right away.

Goodluck!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
i think the slim-mounts will work in your favour. I didn't need adapters for my 6.5s but they do have little "ears" on the outer diameter for fitting. I also needed to drill new holes, but was happy with the result.

It's not a perfect seal for maximizing bass, but these Sony 4ways aren't great for bass anyway. Imo, if you want more complete mid bass, use adapters with complete closure. Hope this helps.
I also wanted to maintain original wire harnesses so I used fork/spade connectors into them. If I were doing a fussier job, I would trash the harnesses for a more permanent connection.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Make sure you think this throughly, on what you wanna do.....

I did a 4 speaker and a 6 speaker setup. I would do the 6 speaker setup in a heatbeat again on the Versa.

I also did a factory radio intergration and an aftermarket radio and amp system.

I got a pair of infinitys for the 4 speaker setup, and the factory speakers are 3 hole screws. You will need a adapter to screw in behind the speaker. So the speaker will screw on the adapter and the adpater will screw into the door. All though with my adapter, all 2 holes lined up, and I made a a hole for the 3rd one. Start on the rear, so if u mess up its ok, lol. As far as connecting wires, I just used those positaps that were made for speaker wires. Those worked just as great. When I did the 6 speaker setup, I had a amp, so I ran all the wires to the amp. It's up to you. I bought pillars from a salvaged SL model, and used them to hide my tweeters.

I would personally do the 6 speaker setup, and do a factory intergration with an aftermarket amp. But if you have the money, then buy a nice double din headunit, RCA's, amp, 2-3way rear speakers, and a componet set for the front. A backup camera dosent hurt either, ;)

I screwed a board behind the amp, so the amp would screw onto the board. It still let me have my trunk space, ;)

Holes are already there for the tweeter, ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.