Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Need help Megan Racing coilovers/front shocks 2015 Nissan Versa S sedan

Hi,
Which parts do I need to use on the top of shocks? Old parts, etc. Directions are very lacking.
Pictures or video would be helpful.

Thanks, Tom.

·
Registered
8 Posts
If you figured it out. I'm get Megan's tomorrow. And I'm trying to put them on myself.
So if you figured out the top hat situation.
And exactly what the bolt sizes are.
Let Me Know I'll Gladly Appreciate It

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did.
Need to look at Megan Racing's website & read thru their material. You need the steel bearing (without the top plate), therefore you need a spring compressor. You will also reuse the big rubber bushing on top of the strut/coilover, top cap & nut from the topside of car. You set the spring length (no pre-load) then adjust the ride height. I am at a 2 inch gap between top rings & bottom ring. Although it did NOT lower the gap over the tire. I might try again, but the stabilizer link can only go so far.
Their directions are lousy for the average home mechanic. Only 1 small test ride so far. I do like the rear, brought the back end down & the ride is much better. The rear springs were not fun to put in, but I realized if you raise the body higher than the axle, it was much easier.

Let me know if you need anything else, Tom.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Steering knuckle bolts 21mm x2 (122lbf)
Stabilixer bar / link 16 mm
Top bolt 18 mm wrench & 6 mm hex allen bit to remove OEM top bolt
New top bolt: 17 mm wrench & 5 mm hex allen.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Steering knuckle bolts 21mm x2 (122lbf)
Stabilixer bar / link 16 mm
Top bolt 18 mm wrench & 6 mm hex allen bit to remove OEM top bolt
New top bolt: 17 mm wrench & 5 mm hex allen.
How did u get the struts off the front and rear. The front keeps turning even with the Allen wrench in it. And the back. Doesn't have a part for the Allen wrench. And it keeps turning also.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Megan Racing EZ series $699
For front struts: Need to reuse top metal bearing (without the top spring plate), top big rubber bushing, very top metal plate / washer & top nut.

·
Registered
8 Posts
One The Font Two struts i tried inserting the hex and turning the bolt with the 18mm wrench but the whole top kept turning not loosening up the bolt at all.

and The Rear its the same way i grabbed a wrench to try to hold the top and use a 16mm wrench but same thing it kept turning the whole thing and not loosing up the Nut.
everything else was able to come off like a champ but just not the two nuts hold the top of the strut.

its kinda weird cause my civic had like a plate with 3 screws the bolts around the top to hold it but this car doesnt.
Which is really why im lost and confused.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
3 Participants
Recxkless
Nissan Versa Forums
We’re a forum community dedicated to Nissan Versa owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion on performance, troubleshooting, accessories, purchasing, maintenance and more!
Full Forum Listing