Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so I just picked up an 09 Versa S with 6spd Manual so on.
here is my conundrum. the color is Arctic blue Metallic. its killing me as I really could not just pick the color, I am stuck with it the way it is.... so maybe I can add some graphics or something else to kinda man it up a bit... any suggestions?
I know I plan on making a shift knob from a real decommissioned hand grenade, and adding some Hydrographics to the dash area when I change out the Stereo. something like this..... have not decided on the base color for it....

·
Registered
302 Posts
I'll go with gold. I think the other colors will clash with the light blue exterior too much. You want something to be mild but yet stands out, go with a nice light bland color.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll go with gold. I think the other colors will clash with the light blue exterior too much. You want something to be mild but yet stands out, go with a nice light bland color.
yeah gold is not really my color... the color variance in the pic are just as a way to show they can be put over any color... I am more looking to figure out what to do on the exterior to steer the look away from the blue... though I would not be opposed to doing things in Silver... but the big question is what can I do to add a bit of Testosterone to the outside?

·
Registered
302 Posts
I suppose if you don't mind a stiffer ride and have a bit of money to spend. Lower the ride and some rims. And if you're into the customization and even more cash. Carbon hood would draw the eyes away from the powder blue.
Honestly there's a Scion FRS in my office all tricked out with Hello Kitty and it's quiet feminine. So I suppose, go the opposite way of Hello Kitty?

·
Registered
993 Posts
I work in a paint and body shop in south Tampa. You can bring it in, and I can probably get you a friend price. Premier Auto Body is the name look it up we do some bad ass work. Our boss was on Car Fix.

·
Registered
993 Posts
That's life, it sucks. Not to mention paint and paint prep is hard work, that doesn't come cheap.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah I hear ya! hopefully time will yield a better job and more finances. either way I found out that Forza 4 game has a 09 Versa in it so I can mess with Vinyl and paint options for the future! lol..

·
Registered
37 Posts
Theres no actual way to MAN UP! a car. Cars are not boys or girly, its just how you modified them tham makes them look a boys or a girls car. My 2007 Versa HB has Lowering Springs, 17" Rims, Front Lip Spoiler, A Badass Sound System, Plasti Dipped Hood and Trunk.....and to me it look very boyish.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ok so I have been messing with Forza 4 to maybe get an idea on some graphics to make this car look a little less like granny smith owns it.. here is what I came up with...

I got a guy who can do my vinyls on the cheap as he is a friend what owns a sign shop.. so should I do it??

i also did a mock up of maybe painting it and adding some body work... here is a taste... if I had the cash it would be like this A.S.A.P

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
I suppose if you don't mind a stiffer ride and have a bit of money to spend. Lower the ride and some rims. And if you're into the customization and even more cash. Carbon hood would draw the eyes away from the powder blue.
Honestly there's a Scion FRS in my office all tricked out with Hello Kitty and it's quiet feminine. So I suppose, go the opposite way of Hello Kitty?
Nothing wrong with HK! :D

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Arctic Blue Metallic looks good and is kinda rare, so I'd find some wrapping that shows it off imo, same with some complimentary rims

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.