Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've almost got my new stereo all wired up and ready to put into my 2014 Nissan Versa Note and all that I really have left is working on the steering wheel controls. There are a few things I'm stuck on with this part though:

1. The Axxess instructions say that the black, gray/red, and gray/blue wires need to plug into pins 15, 6, and 16 respectively. Do those pins need to be removed from the vehicle connector and connected to the ASWC-1 wires directly? I contacted Axxess about this and they suggested I connect the wires directly, but I thought I'd ask here in case someone's successfully found a way to do it without removing the pins/wires from the car harness.

2. In the case that I do have to connect them directly, they advised me against using a butt connector or even soldering and said to just do a military or lineman splice. Does this sound right to you guys? Using a splice alone without any solder seems kind of odd to me, though I'll admit I don't have experience with car electronics.

3. I'm having trouble understanding Axxess's Nissan Bluetooth Bypass Instructions, mainly steps 3 - 5. Also, it seems like the pins in my car are in 4 rows but the diagram in the instructions shows 2 rows.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Wish I could help. Those kits can be amazingly vague. You're likely going to have to pull a wiring diagram specific to your make/model/year/option package.

The "military or lineman" splice thing? Solder and heat shrink should always be the most reliable in this realm. Can skotchloks or the likes work? Absolutely.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know where the wires go, I'm just trying to figure out how to properly connect them.

If I do solder them, I'm not sure how to go about that since I'd need to have my soldering iron in the car with nowhere to plug it in.

·
Registered
191 Posts
You can't get close enough to an electrical outlet to run an extension cord into the car for a soldering iron? All you need is about a 30watt iron. They make them cordless even.

Like said, there's all kinds of connectors available that can be just as reliable for interior applications where there's room.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts