Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ive been browsing the forums for a few months now and finally decided to make a post. I have an '08 SL with a factory 6 disc stereo. I have an older Pioneer that I would like to install along with an amp and 2 10's. I have ordered the install kit (single din dash kit, wiring harness, and antenna adaptor for $17.99 on ebay). My problem now is that the harness on my Pioneer only has 12 wires: the 8 for the speakers, 12v constant, 12v switched, ground, and the blue/white remote turn on for my amp. Am I fine using just those or should I find a replacement that has the full 16 wires? Also, where does the blue wire from the antenna adaptor connect? All help is greatly appreciated and a wiring diagram to help me with the install would be great.

My Pioneers harness is missing the antenna wire and the illumination wire. Should I try to find another one?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
440 Posts
The orange Illumination wire does not matter. You should be okay not hooking up the power antenna wire as well. I just installed another stereo in my Versa and cant remember if I wired it to the antenna adapter or not....sorry!

·
Registered
88 Posts
The orange wire just tells the radio the dash backlights are on so it can automatically dim the screen at night. It won't hurt anything to leave it disconnected. I recently installed a Pioneer in my '95 B2300, and it doesn't even have the wire. Radio works just fine.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
The antennae wire isn't usually in the harness, its typically a separate wire that plugs into the back of your radio. The adapter looks something like this:

The grey molex plug would connect into the radio, the larger black wire to the existing antenna wire, and the blue wire is a ground.

·
Premium Member
790 Posts
The antennae wire isn't usually in the harness, its typically a separate wire that plugs into the back of your radio. The adapter looks something like this:

The grey molex plug would connect into the radio, the larger black wire to the existing antenna wire, and the blue wire is a ground.
He's completely right. Need the separate antenna to make it work. I hope your reception is the same after you install..mine became worse.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
He's completely right. Need the separate antenna to make it work. I hope your reception is the same after you install..mine became worse.
Usually in this case it is a problem with the ground not being the greatest, which is kind of tough to do in our cars. I extended the ground wire and ran it into the engine bay and grounded it there, wasn't anywhere to properly ground it within reach of the wire that came with my antenna adapter.

·
Registered
690 Posts
How much you want for your old radio?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.