Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So i got this Kenwood DNX6460BT DVD/navigation unit, but it comes with no connector for the Tiida.
I guess the versa and tiida audio connector are the same, not sure if I should say wire harness, anyway, I found some wiring harnesses on eBay.
What do I need to buy to get the job done ?
Just antenna and wiring harness, or do I need something else ?

Link for Kenwood 6460 in Portuguese

·
Registered
374 Posts
yeah thats all you need you just antenna and wiring harness and ull need the metal brackets that hold it in, if you bought ur V new or had original head unit in it then u should already have it

·
Registered
72 Posts
Yep, just need the 07+ Nissan Harness, and a 07+ Nissan Antenna adapter. Then reuse the stock metal brackets off the side of your OEM radio.

·
Banned
455 Posts
just make sure its for a 07+ wire harness and antenna adapter. i made the goof of just getting the one from best buy that said all nissan. wrong!!!!! and the OEM bracket should match up.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll probably buy them this weekend, but it might take a little while to arrive, so no new head unit before march.

Do you guys have any idea which rear view camera I should get?
I got a quote on a kenwood but it was way too expensive, about USD300,00 + S&H.
I'm willing to buy a good one but not that expensive, up to 100 bucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
193 Posts
hey i have 2011 nissan versa do you guys have any idea y the shops r telling me that they don;t show in any of there systems that it will not fit a double din dvd indash?

is there something different with the 2011 and all the others?

·
Registered
9 Posts
i have a 2011 and just recieved a double din indash. The dash peice that holds the recive OVERlays the radio. So you have you reuse the factor brackets to hold the tv in but the dash peice is a custom fit to the versa radio. You will have to "TRIM" the opening of the dash peice to accomodate for the larger screen. I plan on putting together a how to on this but i have to find a solution to the wiringharness and ant plug first. Best buy sold me the 07 and up Nissan adapter but it doesnt fit. And the ant plug is litterall a plug in. Typically the ant wire just slides in the rear of the unit but the ant wires plug directly into the receiver. So after i find a solution i will then begin the surgical procedure on the dash to fit the screen. Wish me luck

·
Registered
193 Posts
i have a 2011 and just recieved a double din indash. The dash peice that holds the recive OVERlays the radio. So you have you reuse the factor brackets to hold the tv in but the dash peice is a custom fit to the versa radio. You will have to "TRIM" the opening of the dash peice to accomodate for the larger screen. I plan on putting together a how to on this but i have to find a solution to the wiringharness and ant plug first. Best buy sold me the 07 and up Nissan adapter but it doesnt fit. And the ant plug is litterall a plug in. Typically the ant wire just slides in the rear of the unit but the ant wires plug directly into the receiver. So after i find a solution i will then begin the surgical procedure on the dash to fit the screen. Wish me luck
Best of luck man keep me posted on this is also something i'm looking at i wondered if it would just be easier and cleaner to buy the trim from a 07 or so and replace out 2k11 wire harness might have to be done old school and soldered together kinda sucks but still best of luck and do keep me posted...:thumb2:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.