Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Nissan Versa
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2011 Nissan Versa shuts off while sitting at stop lights, it will start back up but lately it's having to take several turns of the key off and on to start again. If I put the car in neutral it wouldn't shut off , really trying to fix the problem before a create another putting it in and out of neutral. Don't want to damage my tranny. I have replaced ignition coils, spark plugs, fuel pump, MAF sensor and about to change both O2 sensors. Please someone help me figure out what to do that will correct this problem.

·
Registered
506 Posts
you should pull codes before replacing parts otherwise chances are that you are replacing parts that don't need to.
do you smell something odd in the car?

·
Registered
528 Posts
Exactly, and make matters worse, without proper diagnosis, the first part you replaced. Could have been bad out of the box, and you just keep going without knowing it.

I just saw it. A customer put crank sensor, plugs, coils, two cam sensors and vvt solenoids on his truck and brought it in just wanting the timing chain done with no diagnosis. Did the chain job, same issue. Found one of the new cam sensors he installed was bad...

·
Registered
2011 Nissan Versa
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
you should pull codes before replacing parts otherwise chances are that you are replacing parts that don't need to.
do you smell something odd in the car?
Sorry I'm so late getting back to you,, still learning how to navigate this site. I have had the codes checked. Just keep reading misfires in 2 & 3. Earlier in my conversation I stated that I changed all the coils and spark plugs. Any other advice. I so am open to it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts