Nissan Versa Forums banner

Need helpppppp!!!

3K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  NecosNote 
#1 ·
Hey guys, can someone please get me the diagram for the fuel system on a 2014 Nissa NOTE? I need to tap into the fuel pressure regulator but can't find that little booger anywhere. Any help appreciated

#3 ·
What are you doing? Flow or pressure test?

#5 ·
nitrous? are you still documenting in the "new member" forum? Looks like I need to take a peak back in there to see what you've been up to.

Reactions: NecosNote
#6 ·
Total transformation RS, and he's not even done yet lol.

#7 ·
These cars don't use a conventional vacuum dependent fuel pressure regulator... you'll most likely have to do add fuel through ECM, "fooling" controls to get more fuel is a hack way of doing it. Don't get me wrong if you can fool with the regulator to bump up fuel pressure, it might work. But think about that, it's so imprecise, you have no idea what you're doing to A/F by raising pressure, which is also a good way of blowing out/killing stock injectors.

#8 ·
The injector thing is a good point, even if you up the pressure, you'll still be bottlnecked at the injectors. They can only flow as much as they're designed to. Maybe you can influence the pulse length to get the injectors to spray longer, or go into a continous spray situation?

Is the HR16 a wideband engine? If not you won't even be able to accurately measure A/F using an aftermarket meter, as narrowband sensors only read rich/lean, but can't tell you by how much, making for a dangerous situation.

#9 ·
Of course it will use a wideband, that's why engines are so adaptive nowadays, and don't necessarily need to be reflashed to get the full beneffit of a free flowing exhaust for example, or camshafts. I don't think the injectors are necessarily a bottleneck, the stock ones already apparently flow enough for moderate boost, without a tune of any kind, all thanks to high adaptivity, i just think doing crude things to ultimately accomplish the common goal of "tuning" for proper A/F and performance is stupid. Why not just go to the source and get a tuning package like Osiris, do it properly. If you're doing this on a brand new Note chances are you can afford to not go the hack way, and get a tuning program for it so you can rough in proper ignition and fueling, then let a dyno shop optimize for performance and hone it.

#10 · (Edited)
No one is hacking or doing it the "wrong way" as you guys are saying. Im actually doing it exactly how ZEX is recommending it to be done. The pressure in the line is controled by a vacuum regulator ( According to instructions) vacuum line gets rerouted to ZEX control box, Zex control box does its thing through vaccum pressures.

Now once I get the diagram and realize it does not use vacuum pressure then I will call ZEX and see what the deal is.

#11 ·
That is a general description for a conventional multi port return fuel system with a vacuum controlled regulator, that will vary rail pressure based on MAP. Returnless systems do not compensate for manifold pressure by using it to modulate the fuel pressure, they maintain a constant pressure through that regulator. Now can you modify the stock regulator to output a higher system pressure? Probably. But understand that in most returnless systems, rail pressure is static, and compensation for injection volume differences at different pressures is done through the PCM with multiple sensor inputs (MAF, TPS, crank/RPM).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.