Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I want to propose to my girlfriend soon. We've been together for 5 years (all through high school and into college) and I need some proposal ideas. I'm not looking for someone to tell me exactly what I should do, but I want to get some ideas flowin' so that I can figure out exactly what I want to do. Right not I have no idea.

The only thing is that it can't be in a public place (not cause its a secret, she's just mentioned before that she wouldn't want me to propose in front of other people.) I already have the ring, although she doesn't know it, and I have already spoken to her parents and everything. She has NO IDEA. This will be a total surprise.

So, any thoughts? I would especially appreciate responses from the female crowd on here (I know there aren't many of you). I will however accept advice from the guys :)

And no, she doesn't look at anything on NVF so there's no way she will see this. Just don't postr anything on my facebook or youtube channel, cause she does pay attention to those.. haha. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
Hmm ... not in public?
Well I've heard of people slipping it into a fortune cookie. So you could order in Chinese ... if you like that food, and it wouldn't have to be in public because you could order in. She might not suspect anything if it's just a regular meal?

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
I'm getting married in 4 weeks And, when I proposed to my fiance I relived our first date and I asked her to marry me in the same place that I asked her to be my girlfriend I thought that was special because it brought us back to where it all began hope this helps :)

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
iluvmyversa-I like the fortune cookie idea, sounds like it could be cool, and I do enjoy chinese food...

hemifan-we met in our 7th grade math class.. hahaha. we've also moved since then, so we can't, but I like the idea.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Just a thought...

If I were you I would be thinking of how she would want it to happen. If your planning on marrying her then you should know what kind of stuff she is into. For example, a friend of mine knew his girlfriend really loved bulldogs, so when they went to see a friends new bulldog puppy he had the ring attatched to its collar.

So what kind of stuff is your girlfriend really interested in?

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does anybody know anyone who has a pet giraffe I can borrow? haha. Seriously though, thanks for the ideas guys.

·
Registered
993 Posts
I told my wife we could get more money back on our tax return if we got married, that was the end of that, plus shes in the army so when she gets stationed over seas I go too.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
how about a romantic weekend in a natural place (maybe a cabin or even a quick picnic in any greeny quiet area)
that would be great, except I'm broke. The ring ate up a good portion of my savings, and what's leftover is saved for the Versa :) haha

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
If she likes giraffes i would say get a cute bear. Does build a bear sell giraffes? Because you can add a recorded saying into whatever bear you stuff!

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
First off, congrats. I know she hasn't said yes yet but I'm sure she will =) With that said the only thing I can advise you is to do it on Valentines Day, nothing more romantic than that. Make her a diner at your place or hers. Something that you know she will enjoy, make her feel how much you care and how hard you've worked that day. Give her a present, a hearth shape chocolate box. Open it, take the middle piece off and put the ring there. On the rest of the pieces some how write "will you marry me" and then seal it back like it was never opened. I know this is been very specific but I didn't know how else to suggested lol. Good luck, and best of wishes. :thumb2:

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Very specific, haha, but it has given me some cool ideas to think about.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, thanks for the ideas guys, but unfortunately, she decided to break up with me this weekend, so there will be no engagement after all. On the plus side, I guess I have more time to work on my car now?

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Damn that sucks dude sorry :(

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It happens. I think we'll both be better off this way. She hasn't been putting the effort into the relationship lately, and if she's not. Going to work with me then there's just no way it could turn out well for us. Plus it would only get worse when I start my new job next fall. Everyone I've talked to says if your in a relationship before you start it probably won't work because the other person usually has trouble dealing with the crazy schedule.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts