Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a 2008, than a 2009 and now a 2010 Nissan Versa with the sport package. I would love my car if it had more guts..The small 1.6 L engine in a JUKE is alot more fun to drive but i rather keep my Versa if i can improve its HP..

whats the best way to increase the HP in my small 1.8L ?

Ì`ve already installed a short ram air intake and took the muffler out to replace it with a strate pipe. I think my car looks pretty good, sounds realy nice too but i`m missing on the take offs. !! I don`t care for gas mileage..
Thank you for your help

·
Administrator
5,024 Posts
The aftermarket support isnt big like it is for the rest of cars like a versa such as a yaris or fit. We have little to nothing for mods.

I still like my nitrous idea of running a 50 wet shot.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
I'm missing on the take offs.
Try a throttle controller. I believe it sharpens response so it's better of the line, but not really massive hp gains.
I don't have one but look around cuz some do.
I think someone got one for his G35 from Woodchester Nissan/Infiniti Oakville.
Hope i was partially helpful:question:
My 01 Sentra 1.8 was definitely snappier off the line, cuz of the throttle programming i believe
welcome Stephane!

·
Registered
374 Posts
that is true shes gone through 3 now so idk. but i honestly dont believe the versa is as economical as it should be. (dont get me wrong i love my V) but for a 1.6 or a 1.8 only getting about 32mpg were they have V6 mustangs getting the same mpg with double the hp. and then theres suvs that have at least a 2.5 or higher with the same gas milage as a V theres something missing there.

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
that is true shes gone through 3 now so idk. but i honestly dont believe the versa is as economical as it should be. (dont get me wrong i love my V) but for a 1.6 or a 1.8 only getting about 32mpg were they have V6 mustangs getting the same mpg with double the hp. and then theres suvs that have at least a 2.5 or higher with the same gas milage as a V theres something missing there.
No matter what or how I drive I can't get less then 33mpg in my 1.6 and I know I can get as high as 46 with regular driving such as following speed limits. You can't do that in any V6. Sure I'm slow as dirt but I'd happily give up some speed for mpgs especially since were approaching $4 gallon gas.

Opening poster should buy a juke if they want more oomph but be warned the first set of jukes are getting piss poor mpgs. Some reporting under 20mpg. Now that is V8 mpg's and you sure as heck are getting v8 performance out of a juke. But I still love them.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.