Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have Nissan Tiida(versa) saden 2009 1.6L. there is a leak from the faucet that
switches between heat and cold(Located behind the gas pedal). Can you help
me find the P.N?

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Now there's a post that will get 500 answers..................not.

There is NO 'faucet' between hot and cold, the heater core has a constant water flow at all times. The difference between hot and cold air is that an AIR door opens to the heater core or is closed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your answer. I think We talk about same thing which is part of expension VALVE built in & colling unit. As i know Nissan dont support this kind of design(wite the VALVE) so i just need to find the P. N of this VALVE along or to know if there's another thing to do for pass the VALVE.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
In the first pic you are talking about the black lump to the upper left. The pic is horrible in quality. That is a heater water control valve and US spec Versa does not use it. Instead the water never gets cut off to flow all the time, the heater is just blocked off from the rest of the system when you don't need heat.

Many systems don't use your faucet or valve any longer because when you cut off heater core flow the sediment then turns into concrete and what clogs the core up to not work, and there is more to leak as you now know.

That part has nothing to do with expansion valve which is for making a/c cold air only.

I looked at the US spec service manual I have and it shows no part like yours at all and has the air mix door that replaces that part so our cars here do not have that part at all. The heater core plumbing is simply tubing without that part on it. I know what it is as I used to change them a lot in American cars but nobody uses them as much as they did.

Tiida may be Versa but they do have some slight differences based on country of origin.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
FYI, the last pic shows the expansion valve but that is NOT the part you are after. It has nothing to do with heater core at all.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
thank you so much for your long detail replay amc49!
1. As i found in the Israeli's Car forum, the Leak from heater water control valve disgin is very common Issue with this Model. I just wonder why nissan don't wroth about the changed(this changed its internal Nissan information?!)
2. The picture i uplaod here is from the Israeli forum since The Local Nissan thec Serivice want to take off all the dashboard for get this Part. I want if its worth the Money for fix+Part(think its very expensive-maybe they will charge for all the Cooling Assy).
3. Right now the Car in Private garage which cut the pips that lead to the Leaking Valve.
Do you have any creative Ides for pass this disgn or use the part Nissan has changed? (mix Air door?)

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
There is no easy way there, the air mix door is designed to cut all air 100% off, if you do not have that total seal design the heater will leak in heat to dilute your cold air. The entire airbox is redesigned to be one or the other, the way the doors work is different.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I wonder if they use that with the electronic climate control found in the Tiida? The U.S. spec cars are all manual.
Also, if you can, look at the 2010-2012 model years to see if Nissan changed it.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
'09-'11 is the same gen car, if anything it might change at '12 when it got a redesign in a lot of parts.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Nissan did make some changes for the 2010 model year on the Versa. They may have done it with the Tiida as well.
Seeing as the car had options that we didn't see here, it is quite possible that they could have made a change to it.
Don't forget, the car was already in production for 3 years before it came here as the Versa.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
They make a hundred changes every single year to almost all cars, but not generally that type as it involves a lot of money to do so. The HVAC controls will change all over the place on the dash but whatever unit they have picked for the airbox under the dash stays close to the same other than maybe the controlling cables or motors that work doors. Changing the heater to a water control type is now a foreign thing, we gave that up sometime back, most US spec cars have dropped them. Most of it has to do with EPA emissions, they got really good at hot emissions then EPA went to cold engine emissions complaints and why the water valve got dropped. It allows the heater to fully flow which brings cold engine temperature up faster and gets heater to temp faster too. Before, they closed heater off and bypassed with a simple loop, that was a waste and they made the loop start doing something. It makes the heater cores last longer as well, they no longer can clog up.

When the motor uses a water valve the heater core cannot come to temp until that valve has been opened by moving the dash control, now it auto warms to be ready faster. It's about getting ALL of the coolant hot QUICK, to lower emissions. It lets the engine go to closed loop faster.

They rarely change an HVAC airbox type in the middle of a design change run. It requires dash changes and too many other things. They may instead change the ductwork to fit another dash, that is not too hard.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
for thous who will look after same Issue- I just found Video showing how to install the newer design of the heater core without the leaking valve (Mechanic Benz @R).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts