Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there. Hope all is well.

My name is Steve Lang, and I've been writing about cars since 2006 for a site called The Truth About Cars, and more recently for Yahoo.

I am in the process of developing a story tentatively titled, "Gunfight At The Cheapskate Corral." It will involve three of the most affordable vehicles in the marketplace, and the base Versa with a five-speed definitely qualifies for that purpose.

The only trouble I'm having is finding one. The press fleets usually opt for loaded models, and, other than a rental car with an automatic, there doesn't appear to be other worthy alternatives.

In layman's terms, I need help. If you have a base Versa, or one with an automatic, I would be happy to let you use any vehicle from my car lot (I used to own an auto auction and have a dealership near my home) along with a full tank of gas and a Starbucks coffee as thanks for your help with this project.

I have everything from luxury cars, to sports cars, to old Benzes, and I would be happy to even meet you somewhere if it means having access to the Versa for a day or two.

Please feel free to reach me at [email protected] or PM me here. Thanks for all you do.

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
I look at TTAC everyday. It's a nice little site. Where are you located? Not that you would want my junker. I have the 1.6 model from back in 09 when they first introduced the cheap model. I must say it has been a gas sipping reliable vehicle even 5 years and 150k miles later.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm in Powder Springs, and actually, I mentioned your generation as one I would keeo for 20 years if I had to do all the maintenance myself.

If you bought that vehicle during C4C I'll be doubly impressed.

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
I'm in Powder Springs, and actually, I mentioned your generation as one I would keeo for 20 years if I had to do all the maintenance myself.

If you bought that vehicle during C4C I'll be doubly impressed.
I crunched the numbers and I have actually made money off of my Versa. The money saved in gas over my ridiculously long commute paid for the car. The more I drive the more I am making. That was coming from a car that got about 27mpg and required premium. I should have bought two of them and stored one away for when this one dies. Really though I wish I could get a micra down here in the states. That would be your winner at the "Cheapskate Corral". Plus it might actually be fun to drive.

I did not take advantage of the cash for clunkers program. I don't think the car I got rid of qualified anyway.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
TTAC I'm all over that, love the junkyard finds!
Plus one on Canuck Micra, esp since we get front and rear stabilizer bars

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
TTAC I'm all over that, love the junkyard finds!
Plus one on Canuck Micra, esp since we get front and rear stabilizer bars
:crying: I want a micra

I agree I did enjoy the TTAC micra piece.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts