Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have some difficulty at night to find this connector because i use it for heatseat.

Is there any possibility to find it on ebay without remove security aspect ?

I want to avoid scrap stuff that can cause fire ...

I was thinking that other model of Nissan has this connector with a little light inside so it can be visible at night.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The 12v switch that is located close to handle of manual brake ... if i can have one that it is illumited so probably it is possible to find those in Nissan Model

·
Registered
216 Posts
It probably would not be too difficult to get some orange LEDs that match the car, prewired with resistors for 12 volts and drill/add them to the center console to illuminate the area. The 12v port only gets power when the car is on so you could wire directly to that circuit to power the LED and it would come on with the car.

Odds of finding an illuminated suitable replacement are good also but you would have to experiment with that yourself.

Does your heated seat pad not have its own switch? I have a heated set pad which has an OFF/LOW/HIGH switch if yours has such a switch I would say just leave it plugged in and use that. Otherwise if it has no switch perhaps something like this would solve your problem with the least amount of effort: https://www.amazon.com/Cigarette-Lighter-Extension-Switch-Bcn/dp/B014ODOSVK

Another option might be to add an illuminated rocker switch to the center console to interrupt the 12v port's circuit. Just thinking if it were me I would want to leave it plugged in and flip a switch not have to mess with the plug each time you use it. If your concern is also needing to use the 12v port for a phone charger or similar perhaps some kind of controlled splitter would solve the problem such as https://www.amazon.com/YHY-2-Socket-Cigarette-Universal-Smartphones/dp/B01LMVJ0D8/ref=sr_1_6?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1484323035&sr=1-6&keywords=cigarette+lighter+splitter+with+switch

Just be careful not to overload the 12v socket pulling too much power with multiple devices, heated seat pads use a lot of energy typically the max the port can provide so its not smart to try to run two heated pads plus two phones off one port, the fuse will blow.

If you know how to solder, adding a switch to your heated seat pad cord would be cheap and easy. See there are many many possible solutions.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
THanks for your answer ... for me best solution will be to replace this genuine connector 12v with a other Nissan connector that is illuminated ...

I dont know which car of Nissan that have this connector 12v with light integrated but if someone know that will be the best way

DD

·
Registered
166 Posts
Nice find! I'm almost certain that item isn't specific for VW cars. You should be able to use it without problem, and installation is very simple. Although it looks like you will need to run a new wire for the LED power? I'm guessing that's what the single connector on the side is for?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)

·
Registered
939 Posts
I wouldn't be too sure about the quality being better than Chinese, that 'VW' part looks amazingly like OEM Ford Focus part which has the light attached so flimsy they commonly break off from heat under the dash alone. As well, won't go in a standard lighter hole, the lightring has to have the hole enlarged and the light assembly must have a good amount of clearance for the bump, many dashes once you get inside will not have that on the backside without some grinding to remove material. BTDT.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
About illumination power, where i can connect a 12v wire for this socket.

I was thinking to use same 12v wire that connect this socket by making a joint on this 12V .

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Thanks a lot for those answers. I really appreciate and that will be cool at night to plug it because i will use in winter when i want to heat my back :)

I dont like to stay on contact any connector to avoid any electric hazard ...

DD

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
4 Participants
VersaQuebec
Nissan Versa Forums
We’re a forum community dedicated to Nissan Versa owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion on performance, troubleshooting, accessories, purchasing, maintenance and more!
Full Forum Listing