Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I've been looking for a deal on an economy car for a while with high gas/diesel prices and bought a white 2012 Versa Hatchback with 108K miles yesterday. Body is pretty dinged up but car seems to run good. A few questions if anyone can help:
1. Window washer pump has been intermittent. It's worked a few times, but mostly it hasn't. Can't hear the pump when it isnt working. I found the fuse box by the drivers left leg but no user manual so not sure which fuse to check. The video I found shows the fuses facing towards the door but mine face towards the driver. Anyone had theirs work intermittently or have some advice?

2. Again no manuals so what is the replacement intervals for spark plugs, wires, coolant and automatic transmission fluid? It's the 4 speed not CVT.

3. I would really love to add an after market cruise control. Was wondering if anyone had this done successfully? I seen one listed at the cruise control store.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
273 Posts
1) Here's a link to an online FSM: Nissan Service Manuals - NICOclub
If the windshield washer works intermittently, it's not the fuse. You probably need a new pump.

2) Plugs, coolant and auto tranny fluid should be replaced at 100K. Plug wires don't need replacing nearly as often as the Versa uses a coil-on-plug system.

3) Never heard of a cruise control store and not sure of how good aftermarket units are. Don't cut into the factory harness to install one though.

·
Registered
515 Posts
3. I would really love to add an after market cruise control. Was wondering if anyone had this done successfully? I seen one listed at the cruise control store.

Thanks in advance.
I was in the same spot but the rostra kit had mixed reviews. Also it requires soldering so it might be tricky, you may want to have a professional shop install it (depends on the expertise you have). It's expensive but doable,

I didn't want to go aftermarket and add a bunch of cable that gives you an intermittent result, so I ended up studying the schematics and finding the OEM parts, and I was able to install it factory to the car.

You need to find a perfect match ECM from a 2012 Versa HB with 4speed mode that also has the CC option, part number is 23710-9EG3A (look on eBay). It must be this part.
Then you need the steering wheel controls (25550-ZW80A) and Cruise Control Cutout Switch (part number 25300-AT300 (it plugs in behind the brake pedal).
Since it's a 2012 it should be wired for it but I would double check. You will have to reregister the key at the dealership, using a dummy and another chipped key.

You can check my directions in this thread pages 4 and 5

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I was in the same spot but the rostra kit had mixed reviews. Also it requires soldering so it might be tricky, you may want to have a professional shop install it (depends on the expertise you have). It's expensive but doable,

I didn't want to go aftermarket and add a bunch of cable that gives you an intermittent result, so I ended up studying the schematics and finding the OEM parts, and I was able to install it factory to the car.

You need to find a perfect match ECM from a 2012 Versa HB with 4speed mode that also has the CC option, part number is 23710-9EG3A (look on eBay). It must be this part.
Then you need the steering wheel controls (25550-ZW80A) and Cruise Control Cutout Switch (part number 25300-AT300 (it plugs in behind the brake pedal).
Since it's a 2012 it should be wired for it but I would double check. You will have to reregister the key at the dealership, using a dummy and another chipped key.

You can check my directions in this thread pages 4 and 5
That's awesome. Thanks. I see that ECM is available on Ebay. If it is that part number does that ensure it is CC enabled or would I still need to make sure of that?

·
Registered
515 Posts
That's awesome. Thanks. I see that ECM is available on Ebay. If it is that part number does that ensure it is CC enabled or would I still need to make sure of that?
if you find that part number you are sure it has CC. The ECM without CC has a different part number.

I think it's this one on eBay for 55$ right now. Just double check with the seller but it does say 237109EG3A in the description.

If you go OEM, parts and labor (ecm swapping, register keys etc at the dealership) should add up to 200$

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
if you find that part number you are sure it has CC. The ECM without CC has a different part number.

I think it's this one on eBay for 55$ right now. Just double check with the seller but it does say 237109EG3A in the description.

If you go OEM, parts and labor (ecm swapping, register keys etc at the dealership) should add up to 200$
Cool. Thanks for finding that. I will have to call my local dealer and see what they will charge to flash my ECM to match the keys VIN.
The ones I had found are $300 but that guy said he would program my VIN # too so could be savings there. My local yard has a '13 and '15.
The steering wheel buttons are a little more then in your thread but I found one with just CC (no audio) too that I assume would work great too for $75 or offer. Same part # but a B on the end instead of A. I'm putting a new stereo in next week anyway so no problem there.

I probably wouldn't do the work myself, but a guy I work with will probably do it for me fairly cheap. Just need to figure out if I am pre-wired for CC before I start this. Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Cool. Thanks for finding that. I will have to call my local dealer and see what they will charge to flash my ECM to match the keys VIN.
The ones I had found are $300 but that guy said he would program my VIN # too so could be savings there. My local yard has a '13 and '15.
The steering wheel buttons are a little more then in your thread but I found one with just CC (no audio) too that I assume would work great too for $75 or offer. Same part # but a B on the end instead of A. I'm putting a new stereo in next week anyway so no problem there.

I probably wouldn't do the work myself, but a guy I work with will probably do it for me fairly cheap. Just need to figure out if I am pre-wired for CC before I start this. Thanks a lot.

if it's a 2012 at 99.9% you are, it'll be just like mine.

It's not only the VIN, you will have to swap the ECM and register the keys. That can only be done with your current keys at the dealership, so even if this guys registers you VIN you will have to take it in to do the rest. Register the VIN take 20 seconds and it's part of the procedure, it would be better to do everything at just one place.
I have detailed instructions about how to do it in the other thread, follow them to the letter! It took us (the nissan tech and I) a lot to figure it out.

that B part steering wheel control is fine if you don't need the radio button. My suggestion would be to at least check some other junkyards nearby to see if you find it.
You can use this website to check for versas nearby, 2007-2012 would do....if you don't need the radio controls it might even be easier....you could snag that part for 10$ or less.

Any questions just ask away.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts