·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Welcome to the forum

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Only plan is to drive the heck out of it. Previously I owned a 2002 Honda Accord EX 2dr coupe. About the only thing I miss is the V-6 engine. Even though it guzzled gas, it could blow the doors off my Versa. Living in Los Angeles, your only speeding up to the next light anyway. I'm still trying to get used to all the new tech in the Versa. Never had Bluetooth hands-free calling or a navigation system. It still freaks me out a little when the nav lady talks to me. I really enjoy the hatchback aspect. Couldn't fit anything in the old Honda coupe. Trunk cut-out was very small.

·
Premium Member
790 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I really wish I got the nav package but it was just a bit out of my price range. :/ your versa looks good though. Love the color ;)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was torn between getting the CVT tranny or the 4-spd auto. In the end I went with the 4-spd auto. There seemed to be too many complaints about the CVT online. The last thing I need is a problem with my tranny, that's why I got rid of the Honda. The automatic transmission was failing.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I was torn between getting the CVT tranny or the 4-spd auto. In the end I went with the 4-spd auto. There seemed to be too many complaints about the CVT online. The last thing I need is a problem with my tranny, that's why I got rid of the Honda. The automatic transmission was failing.
I too read a few complaints about the CVT but I think it is mainly due to people not being used to them. They have fewer moving parts and are less complicated so they should in theory be cheaper/easier to fix.

The 98-02 Accord transmissions are notorious for failing. You could get them rebuilt for free by Honda if you had less than 100k miles on them. I've got a 97 thats modified quite a bit and its got 180k on it.

Hope you enjoy your Versa!

·
Registered
302 Posts
Welcome to the forums and the Versa will grow on you day after day.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
I too read a few complaints about the CVT but I think it is mainly due to people not being used to them. They have fewer moving parts and are less complicated so they should in theory be cheaper/easier to fix.

The 98-02 Accord transmissions are notorious for failing. You could get them rebuilt for free by Honda if you had less than 100k miles on them. I've got a 97 thats modified quite a bit and its got 180k on it.

Hope you enjoy your Versa!
You are correct, there was a known issue with the Honda auto transmission on 98-02 models. Honda refused to fix mine even though it had only 55K miles on it, due to the age of the car (10 years old). I will never buy a Honda again. The cost to rebuild would have been almost $1,500. I just went ahead and traded it in for the Versa.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I originally wanted a mini-cooper. But after trying to navigate their extremely unfriendly website the cost was almost $10K more then the Versa HB with similar equipment. I couldn't justify spending that much on a small hatchback style car.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.