Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had a consultation with my local audio shop and decided on what im going to do!
i decided to go with arc audio for speakers and sub with alpine for the sub. Its going to be in a custom fiberglass box wrapped in black vinyl to match the trunk and will fit in the small area behind the wheel in the trunk!
looking forward to it i just had a 3% tint to the back window and going back in a week to get the second layer of 3%. then custom magnaflow exhaust!
:thumb2:

·
Registered
993 Posts
Nice, sounds like you have a good idea where your going with you V congrats.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
HOLY F! 2 Layers of 3%??? You badass!

What HU are you going with? I have been toying with the idea of going with an indash nav but I like to keep it as oem looking as possible inside, however I don't like the double din indash nav they have for versas from the factory. Any idea what you are doing?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
That second one looks really cool. The first one... am I reading right that it supports map apps from iphones? So I could have my iphone plugged in or on bluetooth or whatever and use my map app?

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
That second one looks really cool. The first one... am I reading right that it supports map apps from iphones? So I could have my iphone plugged in or on bluetooth or whatever and use my map app?
pioneer's app radio does that. it also supports itunes, bluetooth, pandora, among other things

·
Registered
30 Posts
Interesting....where abouts are you getting the custom box made?
I would love to see it, and I might also be interested in the same......not to be a copy cat or anything, but merely to save on trunk space....Keep us posted with pics!!!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I talked to my dad and he has done glass work so im probably going to be making it with him

·
Registered
32 Posts
Any progress?
What size sub are you using?

I've made four fiberglass boxes for my Versa. The first two help 8's, but I decided to build two more for a pair of 10W6's.

This coming spring I'll rebuild my system and install a single 13W7 with a full size spare tire as the grill.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Finally got some speakers decided to go with the polk audio dxi 650 put them in this morning and they sound great! They will sound better once i finally get an amp though :/

·
Registered
15 Posts
JVC head units have done nothing but let me down. I had one in my RV that had the motor go out on the flip out screen, so now I can't use the touch screen or even see it for that matter. The JVC HU I put in my boat only says "reading" forever when you try and play a CD, so we can only play an Ipod or radio on it, and the JVC I used to have in my old car the motor that pushes the CD out broke so it too only plays radio and CD's, and it permanently is keeping my favorite Rise Against album hostage.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Man I've been thinking about a JVC or a Sony. I've had good luck with my previous Sony head units that are now in my girlfriends and brothers car so maybe im safer with a double din from them lol. What do you like?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Sony makes a higher quality product than JVC IMO. JVC has more bells and whistles, and can even sound better, but sony keeps it pretty simple and they tend to last. Alpine is the absolute best head unit there is IMO, but they can be pretty pricey. Pioneer and Kenwood are good solid runner ups. After that I might look at Clarion or possibly even eclipse, but stay far far away from Boss, JVC, Jensen, Dual....just to name a few. Sub wise I think you made a good choice with the Alpine, the type-R really pounds, although I think JL makes the best sub with superior sound reproduction. then again, the new setup is still going to sound amazing compared with stock

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
I've had one JVC and one Sony deck. The JVC FM radio reception was crap. Sony much better. I couldn't figure out how to shut off the scrolling display on the Sony, but I still preferred it fwiw

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.