Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some of you may know I have been having a grinding noise under hard braking and my pads are very low and my rotors have been worped for a bit due to some rather fun outings :) , well they started making more noise so they are coming off tomorrow I went to advanced auto and I got a set of Weaver vented rotors and went with the best pads they sell the Wagner ThermoQuiet ceramic pads and I picked up a set of new wipers :D I will be installing everything tomorrow and will post some before and after pics and let y'all know what I think of them.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Nice! Wanger TQ are great! Those are the only pads we used at Firestone!

Never head of the rotor brand....but hope they are good. Pretty much any non-performance aftermarket disc is junk and has so little material you can't even turn them :( Darn Chinese

·
Registered
236 Posts
As some of you may know I have been having a grinding noise under hard braking and my pads are very low and my rotors have been worped for a bit due to some rather fun outings :) , well they started making more noise so they are coming off tomorrow I went to advanced auto and I got a set of Weaver vented rotors and went with the best pads they sell the Wagner ThermoQuiet ceramic pads and I picked up a set of new wipers :D I will be installing everything tomorrow and will post some before and after pics and let y'all know what I think of them.

Just looked at them online. Pricing is very good and I think there was 20% off ordering them online and picking them up at the store. I'll keep those in mind when I need to put on a new set of pads. I did not see the warranty on the pads. On the other hand the C-Max pads at Autozone are life time pads. I've just put on a pair of the "free" replacements on the Corolla when it turned 100K. Might have to look at those options when I do the Versa.

Keep us posted after you installed them. Did you have any problems getting the old rotors off?

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I think the pads and rotors have a 2 year warranty on them and I didn't have one problem at all all 4 bolts came out with out an issue and as far as the rotors 2 hits in the center with my brass hammer and they popped right off :) on to the few pics I took

torn apart

and together again

they seem to work good no more shaking no noises at all and they seem to stop better but we will see over time how they do

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I love those red calipers. :)

Have you noticed better braking performance with those rotors?
thank you and yes they are amazing IMO they stop great they are quiet I really do like them I would recommend them for the price you really cant beat them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.