Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting new brakes next week. I'm thinking about hawk brand race brake pads. ferro-carbon brake pad.

my buddy is changing it and machining my rotors for 200 dollars. (doing it all and buying my brakes)

first time changing my brakes for the four years since I've had my V.

pretty excited!

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
you just doing the fronts? How many miles are on your car?

·
Registered
72 Posts
I keep warping my front front rotors. I had them turned around 40k miles, and now im at 71k and they are starting to shake a little bit again during breaking. This time im just going to replace them.

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
seems very low mileage numbers on stock brakes to be replacing people. Especially if your doing the shoes in the back. A tiny change in driving style could increase pad wear significantly.

Also look into brembo rotors when replacing. I swear buy these. I usually buy the cheap rotors and usually have issues and have to replace prematurely. The few times I bought brembo's they lasted as long as OEM.

Wonder if the ABS and NON ABS use different calipers. It has to if the pads are different. The ABS system is part of the axle and just a sensor by the caliper. A name that comes to my mind for OEM style quality and longevity is Akebono for pads. I don't know if they make them for our cars. I hear people talk about the hawks and greenstuff alot when referring to pads too.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Hey was wondering if your versa have ABS? because on tirerack.com i see that under the Hawks brake pads it states for brakes without ABS...

Any of u guys know/recommend brake pads for brake systems with ABS??
I do have ABS. the hawk hp plus brakes work for cars equiped with abs, but I actually opted for Wearever Golds, they were highly recomended by a nissan/subaru master tech.

my right front rotor was slightly warped but I had them machined, they run a lot better now.

Since I live in the country/rural area brake pads go relativally fast with all the hills/dirt roads/bad snow roads/ect.. its just a matter on where you live and your driving style. I do very few expressway unless I'm headed to the beach.

I've also had the V since march of 07' when they were first introduced to dealerships around my area.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.