Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am newish to the forum, first time I am actually being active in the community. I have two Versa's, a 15 SV Sedan CVT ( the wife's ) and a 16 S Sedan 5spd. I am wanting to do a few things to my car as far as interior/exterior lighting and some interior audio, neither of which I am familiar with...so I am hoping that I can now utilize the forum. Also, can someone tell me how to upload pictures to this forum so I can post some pictures of mine?

·
Premium Member
4,524 Posts
Welcome to the forums! To share pictures you have to join an image hosting/sharing site(such as Photobucket), get the IMG code and you're set. I cant help much with electric but I can try. What do you want to know about the audio?

·
Registered
14 Posts
What ever you plan on doing I'm sure at some point your going to have to run a wire to the battery. Going threw the fire wall is impossible or at least to much of a hassle to be worth the time. You could drill threw it but i wouldn't suggest it. Instead check the passenger side front fender. Its pretty much wide open and easy to run a wire threw. Inside the passenger door there are three plugs under the little triangle window. I popped out the one in front, the hole is about a 1/2" .If you reach your hand in there behind the glove box there is another hole aprox. 1". I popped a second plug and the fourth plug as well, the fourth being in the perfect spot to look into and the second I held a flashlight into. That made it really easy. Then modify the plug with the wire and your done.
Hope this helps what ever you end up doing.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I'm hoping to upgrade the speakers on my 2016 S and hopefully it will sound good enough with the stock radio for me to be satisfied. I like that the bluetooth steering wheel controls work with the radio perfectly and not wanting to mess with that is why I only plan to do speakers.

The 'gotcha' with the speakers is that your stock ones are 2 ohm, so if you drop in some 4 ohm speakers it may sound worse or its vaguely possible the radio would overheat, at the very least it would not be running as designed so I'm thinking a couple 4 ohm tweeters added to the front doors in parallel to keep the 2ohm overall load with kickers in the stock speaker slots will take care of the front, in the back I think I will add parallel runs from the rear door speakers to the trunk and add maybe some 4 ohm 6x9s to get the overall 2 ohm load back there (and maybe a sub if I'm lucky). I have a birthday coming up so hopefully I will be buying those components with birthday cash :grin

For interior lighting upgrades, for accents I might suggest finding a nice LED kit on amazon with perhaps four 8-10 inch LED sticks. Put a couple under the dash to light up the footwells, a couple under the front seats facing the footwells of the back seats, and a push button switch next to the traction control switch so you can pop it on/off when you hop in. There are fancier ways you could wire it in tandem with the dome light but not necessary if you want to keep it simple and easy. If you need utility lighting, getting a brighter LED bulb for your overhead light is probably easier than adding any lights to the roof.

Power door locks are worth the afternoon it takes to get those in. A little tricky for a beginner maybe but if you can snag that one friend who knows what they're doing, you'll be fine.

Lots of putsy things you keep you busy for a long time, have fun! :wink

·
Registered
939 Posts
Man, I have zero issues drilling through firewalls in multiple places...............can't count how many cars I've done it on. Lots of things very close to it to thread wiring around for support as well and on both sides. Haven't done a Versa yet but that will be no problem at all. Even easier...........look under hood at engine side of firewall and look for any rubber seals or grommeting that in essence drilling involves just punching a hole through the rubber. The last 3-4 cars I did that only and in seconds once I decided where to do it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
5 Participants
amc49
Nissan Versa Forums
We’re a forum community dedicated to Nissan Versa owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion on performance, troubleshooting, accessories, purchasing, maintenance and more!
Full Forum Listing