Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It's a 81 rx7 GLS. Looks great outside but the interior is lacking in the looks. Built 13b headers intake and exhaust. Small oil leak that's all that's wrong under the hood. Asking price is 3000 obo. Under 30k miles on the engine.

Just wanted some thoughts, can't buy it for another month or so.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Il drive up tomarorow and take some pics, I didn't think about when driving the car. Oh I missed a mod, port fuel injection.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
a month gives time for the price to soften up a bit:D

·
Registered
45 Posts
81 RX7

I've had mazdas for the last 25 years. Currently have 4 at home right now. I buy them fix them, drive the heck ouot of them and sell them. I will not pay $3000 for and 81 model unless is in mint condition, what you described is a $1200 dollars at best. I have an 85 GSL-SE I could let you have for that much with no oils leaks. Talking about oil leaks; Where is the leak coming from? If it was recently rebuild and is leaking at the oil pan, that is common, outside of that, something in that milk aint clean.
I know a guy in Jacksonville, FL that is selling a real nice one with new wheels and tires for less than that, still needs interior work, but definately a descent car. Just my 22 cents.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've had mazdas for the last 25 years. Currently have 4 at home right now. I buy them fix them, drive the heck ouot of them and sell them. I will not pay $3000 for and 81 model unless is in mint condition, what you described is a $1200 dollars at best. I have an 85 GSL-SE I could let you have for that much with no oils leaks. Talking about oil leaks; Where is the leak coming from? If it was recently rebuild and is leaking at the oil pan, that is common, outside of that, something in that milk aint clean.
I know a guy in Jacksonville, FL that is selling a real nice one with new wheels and tires for less than that, still needs interior work, but definately a descent car. Just my 22 cents.
Not sure where the leak is but its real small, body is in mint condition interior is just old and bland, its the dash due to the engine and trans swap. The gauge cluster is stock but theres a shift lamp to tell how far past the redline you can go, seeing as how the engine is modified to go up to 10,000 rpms, and gauge only goes to 7,000.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
If you need any help with anything let me know. I completely stripped mine when I bought it and know all about the tricky bits :)

Also, I have some parts still kicking around here somewhere i'd give you if you needed em.

·
Registered
45 Posts
price

Not sure where the leak is but its real small, body is in mint condition interior is just old and bland, its the dash due to the engine and trans swap. The gauge cluster is stock but theres a shift lamp to tell how far past the redline you can go, seeing as how the engine is modified to go up to 10,000 rpms, and gauge only goes to 7,000.
A car is worth whatever we are willing to pay for. When one has a passion for something, one will pay whatever it takes to get that something, kind of like a nachos at the movies, you know they are only worth a buck fifty, but you want them and you pay $6. if you like this car and you have the dough, go for it. I have drive rotary engine car with blown motors and I got up to 11k out of them and had a blast. if the engine is freshly built, keep an eye on your oil and water and you will enjoy the heck out of it. The interior parts are availlable and can be had for reasonable prices at times.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
A car is worth whatever we are willing to pay for. When one has a passion for something, one will pay whatever it takes to get that something, kind of like a nachos at the movies, you know they are only worth a buck fifty, but you want them and you pay $6. if you like this car and you have the dough, go for it. I have drive rotary engine car with blown motors and I got up to 11k out of them and had a blast. if the engine is freshly built, keep an eye on your oil and water and you will enjoy the heck out of it. The interior parts are availlable and can be had for reasonable prices at times.
+1 The only thing I'd add in is make sure when you're buying a modded vcar that you're not buying some elses mistakes. While something may make sense to the person who installed the part, you may look at it 12 months down the road and be like "wtf?!" I'm sure you know about this already though. Not much to go wrong with those early cars anyways. They're easy to work on and theirs TONS of room in the engine bay.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

got a few pics of the car. not sure if i want it anymore, really want a 240 with a sr swap, but see how it pans out.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I was thinking that I would give him 2000, just put the money in his hand let him see how it feels. Fix it up drive it for fun then resell for a lot more. I have friend that does car interiors so have her do that get some bucket seats make it show ready.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Found a few s13 coupes, but they go fast. Craigslist post for em only stay a few days, unless its a project car that need a lot of work.

As for 300s I find the n/a ones are almost always in bad condition, then the TT models have to many miles and cost to much.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts