Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been reading the Versa posts fo a couple of years but this is my first post. I bought a new Versa S 5 speed 2 Years ago. Now with 22000 miles. 40 mpg normal. 43 mpg on a trip. I had an accident 1 weeks ago and totaled it. I didn’t get a scratch. I got hit in the right frt fender and door. Yesterday I ordered a 2022 Versa -SV. They have one coming in at the end of Oct. I upgraded to an SV so my wife can drive it. I hope there are no delays.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds like your first Versa gave up its life to spare yours. What happened in the accident?
I am 70 years old next month and it was my first at fault accident.I pulled out in front of this girls car. I was on an unfamiliar road with a stop sign on my side. I stopped .Ithought it was a 4 way stop.It wasn’t. The Versa took the hit and I didn’t get a scratch or bruise. My new Versa is supposed to be in at the end of Oct. Bobby

·
Registered
384 Posts
Sorry to hear about your accident and glad to hear everyone is OK.

If she hit you in the back, she's still (at least partially) at fault no matter the circumstances. I'm no attorney, but that's how I understand it anyway..

I see you're going from the 5MT to a CVT transmission. CVTs can be hit/miss in the Versa once they get some miles on them. You never know.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Sorry to hear about your accident and glad to hear everyone is OK.

If she hit you in the back, she's still (at least partially) at fault no matter the circumstances. I'm no attorney, but that's how I understand it anyway..

I see you're going from the 5MT to a CVT transmission. CVTs can be hit/miss in the Versa once they get some miles on them. You never know.
If you read the OP, he stated he was hit in the R front fender and door, not the rear. I know CVTs are a controversial topic, but my /07 Versa had one of the first CVTs out of the Aquacalientes plant and it has been trouble-free from the start.

Good luck OP, hope your new Versa serves you well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts