Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Was thinking about how I can incorporate everything I want on the radio trim piece.

This is what I want in the dash:
Scangauge
2 toggle switches (1 for my amp, 1 for my LEDglow)
Push button start???
Throttle controller flush-mounted

And of course my single din headunit, since I've kind decided against getting a double din touchscreen.

Here's a little picture I messed around with on paint of a possible layout.

Any thoughts? Push button start I just kinda threw in their to fill up the space, its probably not happening. Also, I was thinking of modifying the dash kit so that the radio would be on bottom and the other stuff would be on top. Its simple enough to accomplish. I'd use ABS plastic to mount everything up and bondo is in place to make it look OEMish

·
Registered
377 Posts
Space below the single DIN unit seems great, better than blocking your pass airbag light with the throttle controller. I could see scan gauge there too, although I like having that storage space personally haha. What's with the clips on the vents?

Also you could maybe do a single DIN with a flip out screen :D

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The clips are air fresheners. I have them in the outer vents as well. ANd If I was gonna do a touchscreen I'd want double-din or nothing. I hate slide outs especially if the car has room for a double din unit.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
also I don't mind taking up the cubby space cause I dont really put anything there anyways

·
Registered
377 Posts
What are the two things that aren't the push start and the NTD? Foglight switch?

Anyway, can you fit the NTD and the scan gauge there? Is it tall enough for the scan gauge?

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i believe it is tall enough, and the red rectangles are toggle switches like the one i installed for my amplifier

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I might start on this project this weekend. I'm at least going to flip the radio so it's on the bottom and figure out how I'm gonna mount the throttle controller. The switched will be easy to mount up (Just screw then in through a hole).

I'm gonna have to make a plate that attaches to the front of the open radio cubby hole for it to work. I'm thinking of using 1/4 inch mdf for this, covered with black plastidip. I'm going to use plasti-dip on the rest of the center console anyways.

I also have to patch up a slight crack in the bumper this weekend, so there will be plenty of stuff going on with the Versa in my driveway :)

What do you guys think of all that?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
3 Participants
athikerguy4life
Nissan Versa Forums
We’re a forum community dedicated to Nissan Versa owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion on performance, troubleshooting, accessories, purchasing, maintenance and more!
Full Forum Listing