1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
I wish they would show a bit more but im not to sure about it

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Hmm, let's see:... Italian engeneered motors for Americans who expect their cars to thrive on neglect.

Sounds like a disaster in the making.

I would want my Dart with the 225 CID Slant Six, please!

Cheers!
So true! It is a chrysler engine though, so that shouldn't be too bad. I would also like a slant six, but a turbocharged I-4 would be INTENSE! Dodge's hot hatch??

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Did anyone else see the motor trend clip yesterday of the dart? Engine choices include a 2.0, a 2.4, and a 1.4 turbo. I feel like 1.4 is too small of a displacement to be a viable performance line. Should've done a 1.8 turbo or a 2.0.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Did anyone else see the motor trend clip yesterday of the dart? Engine choices include a 2.0, a 2.4, and a 1.4 turbo. I feel like 1.4 is too small of a displacement to be a viable performance line. Should've done a 1.8 turbo or a 2.0.
The juke use a 1.6 turbo and its effecient enough. a lot of companies are going to small displacment turbo motors.

·
Registered
377 Posts
1.4 Turbo is the Fiat engine I think. The others are Chrysler.

·
Registered
132 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
thats good to hear the caliber is going away, that thing is so ugly. also i'm not liking what im seeing or hearing for the Dart, wish they built it to resemble the old ones.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Yes Ben I think you are correct about the new Dart's engines.

Small turbo engines spend their whole [short] lives being overstressed; not good if you want to drive it many years.

The 1.4 turbo, being European engineered, most decidedly will NOT thrive on neglect!

Cheers!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts