Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not too sure who reads these but hello from Hawaii. This is my third Nissan (I had a Skyline and a Sunny when I was stationed in Japan). Have to admit that this is the last car I would have ever bought when I walked into the dealership but it seems to be working out pretty good. I'm looking forward to learning little ways to give "Ugly Betty" as my kid calls her a little more personality. Also have to say that she's growing on me. Not too many cars this size and price that I can actually put 4 adults into without having to stick our heads out of the window for extra space.

If your a Versa owner and out here in HI, hit me up.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Welcome to the forums :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome. And for those who thanked me for my service... your more than welcome. I wanted to join the Navy since I was 4 so for me its more like doing something that you love (but sometimes hate) for 16 years. Kind of like being married.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Bwahaha^I hear ya. I'll be remembering you on Rememberance Day tomorrow as well, thank you! Love to hear about your Skyline and Versa, and well i guess the Sunny too lol. Welcome!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Thanks for your service to this nation =)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No pics of the Versa yet. I do however; have one of the Skyline at home. Right now the Versa is back at the dealership getting a new ECU. Kind of pissed off about that but I'd kind of rather have this kind of crap happen within the first thousand miles rather than down the road when the warrantee is up. When I get home I'll post the pics. Don't be too disappointed though, I had the 4 door GT because I was scared that the wife would wrap a GTR around a pole or something while I was deployed. Either way it was a great car that never gave me any problems (as long as I fed her premium gas).

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
For Nukepower: I, an AZC. Looking at your name on the site I'd guess that you are a nuke so you may or may not be too familiar with my rate (most Sub and Surface guys don't seem to know what I do). If you aren't familiar with the rate, think of me as a Yeoman for airplanes who can also do math. What's your rate?

For I<3 MY HR16DE: I'm not sure what happened to the ECU. All I know is that I got in the car last week and my check engine light was on. Got in to drive to work and it was a crappy ride. Took it back to the dealer and it looks like I just got the bad one out of the batch. As for the Skyline. I had to get rid of it when I came back to the States. Converting it was way too much money to spend on a car that I already owned. But it was a GT not a GTR. Still fast as hell but a little more family friendly. When I find the pictures on my external I'll post them. Most likely tomorrow.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.