Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought my first Nissan 2 weeks (800 miles) ago. Got a 2012 Versa SL, magnetic grey. Really liking it. Had all Jeeps before the Versa. Now they are toys. My only problem with my Versa is I have to allow the service guys to work on my stuff. I have always done everything to my vehicles. No mechanics touch my Jeeps. I don't trust them. Today proved my point when I took in my new Versa for a squeeling right drum brake since I drove it off the lot. Instead of sanding the shoes as requested, they greased the spring on the emergency brake cable. IDIOTS! So when I got home, I had to do it myself.

That brings me to a question... Anyone know what the torque spec is for the spindle nylon lock nut? I can find specs for lots of Nissans (137-184lbs) but nothing for the 2012 with the nylon lock nut (no cap and cotter key).

Thanks for the forum and info!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks to the both of you. It is a Sedan. Averaging 39.2 mgp out here in the Missouri hills too. Pretty impressive. Too bad it is not self cleaning! Gravel roads turn them colors quickly!

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Welcome to the forum

·
Registered
147 Posts
Welcome to the forums

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
sorry i can't help ya on the torque spec but welcome!
i grew up on 4x4s from my dad so i know i can go twice as far as a 2wd before i get stuck:D
post jeep pics too, or some links:woot:08v

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Thanks everyone! I found the spec. 85-90 ft. lbs. I will post up some Jeep pics if it is ok. Ours are all functional with only 31s on them. They have several upgrades and mods, but no monsters.

I must say I am loving the Versa! I wonders what some 31s would do to the gas mileage :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Here are a couple pics. The ZJ (Grand Cherokee) is my wifes. The YJ (Wrangler) is mine. The YJ now has a little bigger tires but I don't have a picture at the moment. Great fun vehicles though. I have driven through some hairy stuff to get to work as you can see in the river pic. That was a drive to work one day.

Oh, and cant forget the motorcycle... You will have to excuse the cheesy pic since it has me in it. My wife took it. I don't normally take pictures of my bike.

Attachments

·
Registered
238 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The ZJ has all new suspension, 3.5" of lift, crossover steering, KOR track bar, top rack I built myself with tire hold down, antenna tab, and lights on it, of course a cb, upgraded header, dakota steering box.

YJ has bigger intake, cai, boomerang greasable shackles, fishing rod rack, cb and antenna, 2 inch lift, 19lb design 3 injectors, dual 400 watt amps and 12" subs, electric fan with thermostat and water pass kill switch, etc.

Of course they are both built, not bought. We have a 91 Cherokee we are currently building for my 14 year old daughter.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.