Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got our black 2015 S with a 5 speed manual last week. This week only after driving it three days the front bearings are bad!? How is this possible!? I also noticed the starter had the Nissan sticker on it and it says made in China? I thought Nissan was a reliable Japanese car? Are you guys finding the versa is not a long life vehicle? The wheel bearing thing blows my mind.

·
Registered
2015 Nissan Versa Note
21 Posts
I got a ‘15 with under 58,000 back in April of this year with the lifetime, warranty forever, program. I’ve gotten my second oil change just recently. The only thing I’ve noticed is that there’s a bit of a shake when stopped at a light. I’ve read that some motor mounts get cracks causing that so make sure to check them also.

·
Registered
15 Posts
When Nissan advertises it as the cheapest new car you can buy, what do you expect? The Versa's only redeeming quality is it's (initially) cheap. This car is only 'good' according to kids who've never owned another car and have nothing to compare it to, masochists', or old folks who take it to the grocery store and church on Sunday.

Power: What power?
Handling: Vague and meh, even by econobox standards. A slight breeze blows it out of the lane.
Braking: Mediocre, no feel. ABS will work.
Comfort: I think it's upholstered in cactus...
Mileage: Good, if going <65, no A/C. Limit is 80 where I live, meaning you have to go 85. That's 4,200 RPM. MPG <25. A Crown Vic would get better mileage cruising at these speeds.
Transmission: A CVT that will explode or a MT as refined as a mud puddle, with a clutch you can't feel, and gears so far apart you fall out of the powerband every shift.
Noise: At least the stereo is loud enough to drown out the unbearable wind/tire noise. (Upgrade your tires - I'm happy with BF Goodrich Touring A/T's)

BUT.....it's a $10,000 car. Blown wheel bearing? Just going to have to eat it.....sorry man. Nissan's are of average and below quality.....don't confuse them with Toyota and Honda. They're not even on the same planet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts