Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a 2012 Hatchback, with the apparently infamous 1.8…

Im a long time Nissan/NISMO fan, had a few older Sentras and a matching pair of 2002 Spec V Sentras (only difference being on number in the VIN).

I thought Nissan had the 1.8s down, why all the slap and oil problems? Im very nervous about this motor after reading here. It is noisy on old starts already. Should I take it in immediatly? SHould I back out of the deal…?

On a plus note, I bought it and drove it down the oregon coast about 200 miles in nasty weather, a relatively comfortable and decent driving car, power is adequate, noise is good for an econobox, not as susceptible to cross winds as I would have thought and overall Ill grow to love this little thing.

As long as the motor holds together, was hoping for something I could get a couple hundred thousand miles out of.

·
Registered
339 Posts
its hit or miss I got mine new and its always been clattery its because they are mechanical valves and timing chain instead of belt. That and not much sound deadening. Theres guys on here with lots of miles on theirs. You will definatly know when the wrist pin starts going if it deos. Its very loud and in the bottom of the motor not the top and it will run rough and probably stall.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Welcome. If durable is what you're looking for you found it on the Versa, lot of folks here will tell you that. Like Wilson said, there's people here who have theirs up in the hundreds already with minimal to no issues. If you not so sure about the 1.8 there's always the 2.0 lol, drops right in from what I've hear.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.