·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
which one?

·
Registered
452 Posts
either the one random technology makes or the one racing line makes or maybe a spin cat more or less the same thing

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
well he will build it to fit CATS he has and his test pipe. So modifications may be necessary to fit any other one.

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
We need some info people. Please post up if you have any information he needs

no problem. i may try to find a doaner car locally and possibly borrow to build the header and dyno, and or just build it and send to whoever can test and compare.

if i did do a set of headers, i could then let that guy keep that header, if not, then i would want it back...

i will see if i can get a header gasket so i can look at getting a flange made to build the first one.

all i would need of the stock stuff is some numbers...
1) stock primary header tube diameter...
2) secondary before cat pipe diameter...
3) after cat pipe diameter...
4) stock exhaust size...
5) available aftermarket exhaust size...

with those things, i can atleast get a partial idea on materials cost and availability and have a good idea of what to order when i build the prototype.

i want to know the stock exhaut size AND aftermarket so i can build the header to perform with both...

most likely, i can make more power with my header and stock exhaust vs obx header and aftermarket exhaust..
I have the 1.6 so I am useless for this :). This header is being designed for the MR18 and not the HR16.

·
Registered
622 Posts
I have the 1.6 so I am useless for this :). This header is being designed for the MR18 and not the HR16.
I'll see if I can get the information.

no problem. i may try to find a doaner car locally and possibly borrow to build the header and dyno, and or just build it and send to whoever can test and compare.

if i did do a set of headers, i could then let that guy keep that header, if not, then i would want it back...

i will see if i can get a header gasket so i can look at getting a flange made to build the first one.
Like I said earlier, I can go up there and meet the guy for fitting and all that good stuff. I'd also be more than happy to test it out since I'm fairly close to Seattle. Keep me posted!

·
Registered
502 Posts
if he was willing to ship one out here, i have a 1.8 6speed with a bone stock engine. the only mods i have done to my car are rims/tires, front strut and rear sway. i have a dyno shop no too far from my house and i could give a 3 run average of before and after. my curiosity is the cat situation. if we used a cat delete tube would that trigger the CEL? or would i have to purchase a performance cat for the testing? then could i keep the header for free? lol

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
if he was willing to ship one out here, i have a 1.8 6speed with a bone stock engine. the only mods i have done to my car are rims/tires, front strut and rear sway. i have a dyno shop no too far from my house and i could give a 3 run average of before and after. my curiosity is the cat situation. if we used a cat delete tube would that trigger the CEL? or would i have to purchase a performance cat for the testing? then could i keep the header for free? lol
I think he would rather have a local V to work with but thanks for the offer. He really just needs a stock dyno already done. I know I seen some on the internet but can't find them now. No need to get a new dyno done yet until he has a prototype made. As far as the CEL an anti fouler will be uses to trip the rear O2 when using a cat delete pipe.

would he like a stock exhaust manifold to work with ?
I'm waiting to here back to see if he wants one to look at. Right now he has just requested answers to the questions I posted earlier in this thread. Maybe you can measure for us?

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Ok he is willing to take an OEM header to look at and measure. But the owner of the header needs to ship it to him and will not get it back for a few months while research and development is taking place. It needs to be a complete unmodified OEM header and downpipe.

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #32

·
Registered
33 Posts
Coming from the same flange, do you think that he'll be able to make turbo manifold with an internal wastegate? (Way easier and faster than r&d a header)

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
There will be more customers for a header then a turbo manifold. BUt yes he will be making other products if this gets off the ground.

When the wastegate is on the manifold it's considered external. When it's part of the turbo then it's internal.

As far as a turbo mani being easier I would have to disagree. You need to make sure it fits several sized turbo's, then make sure there is room to run coolant and oil lines, the downpipe lining up and finally room for the intake and intercooler pipes. With a header you just need to worry about one O2 sensor and meeting up with the exhaust flange.

·
Registered
452 Posts
gimme 2 weeks and ill send the exhaust manifold and the downpipe since ive gota cover the shipping...

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Well maybe all those interested can send you a donation to help cover the cost :).

Way to step up though.

·
Registered
452 Posts
yeah being as i just bought an aero turbine muffler my shipping money is kinda busted lol one of our buddys is interested in a turbo manifold maybe i can talk him into donating whos up for a donate a nickel to rob for shipping fund?

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
The donation would go to whoever is shipping the item :). So that would be you. Turbo manifolds are only being considered if this header works out.

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Just bumping this up because I want it to happen for you guys! There is interest still on Nico too. He is really just waiting on us now to get him a header and stock dyno chart. So if anyone has seen a stock dyno of a mr18de on the net or have dynoe'd your car please send me the image.

21 - 40 of 62 Posts