Nissan Versa Forums banner

41 - 60 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
hes gona be waiting a little while man im a little backed up with work, ill contact ya asap do i get a discount for donating mine :p

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
hes gona be waiting a little while man im a little backed up with work, ill contact ya asap do i get a discount for donating mine :p
Anyone can send him a header. It doesn't have to be you. I know you stepped up but I'm here to keep this moving along. If no one else sends one he will be patiently waiting for yours.

As far as a discount I'm sure he would compensate you somehow. I will inquire about it.

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
i think im the only one sitting on one actully...
It seems that way over here. I think there is a few guys on nico. I know there is definately one on the cube forum as he just put a versa obx header on a few weeks ago.

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Any news ? Or this projet is dead ?
No one provided info, no one is sending a header, and Bob at versaspeed jumped in here saying don't bother he has something planned.

So consider this dead as door nail.

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
i told ya give me a couple weeks gosh :p
Yes you did :). You were very supportive and helpful. I was in no way putting it on you. This is out there amongst other Versa and CUBE boards. The guy isn't going anywhere so if things pickup and the info is still given to the guy it will continue. But I think most will wait for Bob.

·
Registered
452 Posts
alright being as im so annoyed with the obx header, it finally started leaking on me, if you have any options man ill do what i can to get this done sorry for the delay figured i was one of the few who didnt have an issue, lol anyways leme know whats up bro.

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
I don't think this is going to turn into anything. I would love to help you out as you were upfront and helpful. I could ask the guy to do a one off but I don't think he will go for that and it would cost a fortune.

Did you contact Bob to see if he has any options?

·
Registered
452 Posts
i think hes tied up pretty much with the supercharger deal. so i havent tried to contact him lately

·
Registered
691 Posts
I'd love to see true equal length headers for this car... hell if the "improved" headers currently out actually offered gains without tuning, imagine what a true header will do!

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
I scrapped this. My fabricator still asks me once in awhile if I'm sending him anything but I say no. Considering the fact that DC already came out with a header and it doesn't seem like anyone but a couple people bought them, if that, no one is going to buy a custom header. It would make more power but would also be more money. Plus these headers fit two engines that I don't even think Nissan produces anymore in the US, the MR18 and the MR20.

I may have him look into an HR16DE header because I think my exhaust manifold or my cat pipe is cracked and I will need a replacement. But I'm trying to figure out if the old HR16DE and the new one like in the note have the same setup.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Well i guess the majority of Versa enthusiasts here seem to be happy with cold air intakes and other minor mods. I'm surprised to see that Versaspeed has a lightweight flywheel. I'd like to take the Versa to the next level. Not enough enthusiasts for Versa's to be taken seriously by anyone apart from other enthusiasts..

·
Registered
639 Posts
I scrapped this. My fabricator still asks me once in awhile if I'm sending him anything but I say no. Considering the fact that DC already came out with a header and it doesn't seem like anyone but a couple people bought them, if that, no one is going to buy a custom header. It would make more power but would also be more money. Plus these headers fit two engines that I don't even think Nissan produces anymore in the US, the MR18 and the MR20.

I may have him look into an HR16DE header because I think my exhaust manifold or my cat pipe is cracked and I will need a replacement. But I'm trying to figure out if the old HR16DE and the new one like in the note have the same setup.

that would be great if you can find out about the HR16DE, but yeah you are correct about the MR18 and MR20, they are both no longer produced for the US market.

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
that would be great if you can find out about the HR16DE, but yeah you are correct about the MR18 and MR20, they are both no longer produced for the US market.
You seem to be the most active in modding your ride so if you are ever seriously in the market for an upgraded manifold I could get you in touch with my fabricator in the event that I don't move forward myself with this.

41 - 60 of 62 Posts