Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, first post here. I should have our first Versa in a few days, a gray stripper. It's not our first Nissan, my wife had a Datsun F10 back in the 1970s.

It's our first new car in 16 years. We fell on hard times when the Internet crash of 2000 happened. We're finally back on our feet.

I'm an old car guy, well cheap car guy. I've owned Fiats since the 1970s, my latest is a 1968 Coupe I got from a Nissan parts guy in TN! Yes, I can turn a wrench, I did a ground up restoration of a Fiat spider years ago.

Back on topic, I tested five cars in the same class as the Versa and I couldn't justify getting anything else. It comes standard with what we need for the lowest price by far so ... I'm here.

Family guy, married 32 years, two kids in high school, yada, yada, yada.

I'm not a performance guy, I'm an eco guy. I'll try to squeeze every last mpg out of my Versa. Well that's me in a nutshell.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
welcome to nvf :)

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Can't wait for your new car to arrive:woot:i've never had a new car...maybe next year
I learned to drive in a '72 Datsun 1200 Deluxe like this one
in '82.
My oldest kid is in high school, and she's learning to drive my manual Versa. Welcome!

·
Registered
638 Posts
Welcome to the forums. Enjoy your stay, feel free to ask about any questions you have.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
We got our car last night, I still can't get over how much room there is in the 2012 sedan.

The Nissan All Weather floor mats are great, unless you wear heals. (According to my wife.)

I ordered some cheap seat covers for now, I don't think the base level upholstery will hold up to teenagers for very long. Still on the fence over leather.

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
We got our car last night, I still can't get over how much room there is in the 2012 sedan.
I had one as a rental while on vacation, and it is much roomier feeling than my 08 Hatch ... especially the trunk. We fit two large suitcases laying flat in the trunk of the 12 Sedan, plus two carry on bags. I cant even fit one laying down in my hatch!

Enjoy the car! :)

Any pics?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.