Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. My name is Michele and my husband and I just purchased our third Versa since 2008.

This one (2016 sedan) is a manual and when the ac is on, it feels like something is pulling us backwards. I guess like the feeling of the transmission slipping. Like I said, this is our third Versa and we have had no problems like this. They are automatics though, but it doesn't seem like that should matter.

Also, the ac is cold then cool then cold. The car never gets comfortable. Never had this problem with the other two cars. We called the Nissan dealer service tech and he said it was because it was a 4 cylinder. Again, no problem in the past, so we are not convinced.

We cannot take it in right now, but need help in what to say when they tell us our car is OK when we don't think it is.

Thanks.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Welcome from DFW. I own a 15 Note MT5, no problems with the A/C. I do notice it " robbing " power when it's on though. It is correct that it is a 4 cylinder so this really is normal to lose power. As far as slipping that doesn't sound normal, Nissan should take a look at that for you. I would insist on it. Your a 3rd time buyer so use that to your advantage to get that checked out. Good luck and it's great to hear that your other cars worked great. Q

·
Registered
14 Posts
I recently traded in a 2010 Toyota Yaris 5 speed for a new 2016 Versa sedan with a CVT. With the Yaris' AC on and driving in city traffic, I had to turn the AC off when accelerating from a stop light if I didn't want to get run over!!!

I notice very little change in power with the AC on in my Versa. Just 2-3 MPG worse gas mileage when driving in traffic.

I don't think manuals are as good as they used to be. I'd owned MT cars for years, but the Yaris made me hate them enough to change.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It really doesn't seem like a power loss, it jumps and slips. The AC goes from cold to cool frequently. The tiny car never gets cool. Never had this problem with the 08 and 12 Versas that we have had since they were new. However, this is our first manual Versa.

We keep our cars until they die and if this is really how it is going to drive, then I am going to hate it for 15 years. I would probably trade it in today if we did not purchase the expensive VIP package that is non transferable.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.