Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a 2020 versa S with 15” steelies. Was wanting to explore putting 16 or 17” rims on it from other stock versa trim models. Anyone done this? According to tire size calculator the size differences are as follows: 24.98” for the 15”, 24.88” for the 16”, and 25.07 for the 17”…is this any noticeable difference in Speedo calibration? Anyone done this?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have a stock 2020 Versa SV with cart aluminum 16”wheels and 205x55/16 tires. I would guess my Versa reads ~2% faster than actual.

By my calculation, my 205x55/16 tire diameter is 2*(205mm/25.4mm per “)+16”=24.88” which is what I measure.

If you are considering after market wheels, make sure the offset is the same so that your front tires won’t rub against inner fender / steering when turning.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea I just planned to consider swapping to versa 16s or something once my tires are bald, probably like 40k miles or so.. These cars are so cheap I doubt they even recalibrate them since they are so close lmao. According to my tremec calculator it won’t even effect speed. Just wondering what people do when they make the swap. Tired of my hubcaps spinning and rolling my valve stems over. Done had the dealer replace them all once and never fixed the issue.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
it looks awful lol. Before I’d do that I’d put a dab of rtv on it and not have a 2 year old car that looks like a high schooler owns it. I do that on the center caps of my ws6. For the price of rims for these cars I’d just buy a set of 16” versa rims for next time I need tires, I just don’t know if anyone has to do anything special with the speedo. The goodyear weatherready tires only have about 10k on them so it will be a while but I’d like to start hunting for some rims to have when time comes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts