Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am driving my girlfriend's 12 versa 1.8 SL hatchback. I'm making a few upgrades, starting with the head unit.
I found this diagram which looks like it's the same wiring as my pn 3135L/pn 28185 head unit. I really want to get my steering wheel controls wired correctly. And I really want to know what the abbreviations on the 16 pin connector means. Specifically "L-CH PRE (-) & L-CH PRE (+)". Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

·
Registered
177 Posts
Are you sure you are looking at the right car wiring? The 16 pin connector is for Bluetooth/Telephone. I have the service manuals in front of me and I don't see anything like you are describing.

Steering wheel controls are wired into the main 20 pin connector at pins 6, 15 and 16

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok so I have the head unit installed and only some of the steering wheel controls work. Are you sure all steering wheel controls are transmitted through those 3 wires. It wouldn't let me add the link because it's my first post but this is the pinout guide I used.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for your reply. How is the 16 pin connector used for Bluetooth? Isn't Bluetooth built into the head unit? Do you know what those wires connect and what the abbreviations mean?

·
Registered
177 Posts
No. The Bluetooth/Telephone module is not built into the H/U. It is located behind the right rear wheel well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts