Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! I just signed up because for Christmas I want to get my boyfriend, the owner of a Nissan 2008 Versa, a new updated car radio. I saw that there were manuals somewhere on this list/forum. I would love if someone could direct me to those manuals and also if they would know if this car radio would work: JVC Mobile KD-X200 Digital Media Receiver - Walmart.com and if not, does anyone have any recommendations?

I want to install the radio for him as a surprise, I'm actually very handy and always build my furniture and such.

Thanks everyone!

Vicki

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Hi everyone! I just signed up because for Christmas I want to get my boyfriend, the owner of a Nissan 2008 Versa, a new updated car radio. I saw that there were manuals somewhere on this list/forum. I would love if someone could direct me to those manuals and also if they would know if this car radio would work: JVC Mobile KD-X200 Digital Media Receiver - Walmart.com and if not, does anyone have any recommendations?

I want to install the radio for him as a surprise, I'm actually very handy and always build my furniture and such.

Thanks everyone!

Vicki
welcome to the forum!

do you have a budget like...how much you want to spend?
for less than 100.00 I think that's fine. walmart doesn't sell top of the line stereos but they only sell whatever sells more but it doesn't mean that is good.

would I install that one on my Versa? HECK YEAH!!!!! :sifone:
I'm still rocking the factory radio, no USB, no MP3 files, no MP3 Plugs, no high frequencies, just aaaall vocals and BASS!!! =)

so for an upgrade, that's good, I think, In my opinion, but if you have a bigger budget, then maybe somebody else can help you. I had a JVC similar to that one back when I had a subaru but it didn't have MP3 plug but it did play MP3 files that's why I think is good and it sounded better than the factory radio because it was able to hit higher frequencies (treble)

·
Registered
88 Posts
Welcome aboard. Most radios will work on the Versa, but keep in mind if the factory radio is a double DIN. If you get a single DIN unit, you'll need an adapter to cover the hole. You will need to buy an antenna adapter and a wiring harness. Fortunately, these parts aren't that expensive. Add an extra $30 or so to the price of the radio.

Does his Versa have steering wheel controls for the radio and Bluetooth? If it does, you'll also need an adapter for the volume/seek buttons. Here is the adapter you need:

Amazon.com: Axxess Metra ASWC-1 Universal Steering Wheel Control Interface with New Micro B Connector (Black): Car Electronics

The stock Bluetooth functions and buttons only work with the stock radio and there is no way to get them to work with an aftermarket deck that I am aware of. Not really that big of a loss, since the stock Bluetooth never worked that well in the first place in mine. I had to practically yell into the ceiling for people to hear me on the other end. Most aftermarket head units come with their own microphones you mount somewhere in the car.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.