Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm new here. I've been reading the forums for about 2 of 3 weeks now looking at the mods some of you have done. I've gotten alot of good ideas and there are a few things I wanna do to my Versa also.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
welcome! gonna have the same humid heatwave tomorrow as us? whew! get ready. Mods yes!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Well, I've tinted my windows, de badged and rebadged the rear, added door handle covers and Nismo stem covers. Here in about 3 to 4 weeks when my work schedule irons out I plan on getting a second job to pay for my newest obsession! :p I get free car washes so I plan on taking it in for a bath tomorrow and maybe a wax if i feel like it. I will take some more pictures of the newly rebadged rear end. I got the idea from #1Tango. I ordered the DDM Tuning 55w 8000k hids, installed and sad to say had nothing but troubles from the beginning despite all of the good reviews and remarks on here about them. Needless to say I returned them and I plan on doing those soon. I've also been eyeing those aluminum Versa Kick plates they would look nice on my new black car. Still haven't had an oil change yet I hit 2000 miles yesterday on it!!!

·
Registered
214 Posts
Nicee! welcome to the forums, and What happened to the DDM tuning bulbs??

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Installed 'em turned 'em on nadda. They worked after I turned my lights off then on again then when I turned them on... but if i walked away for 10 minutes or so then turned 'em on nothing again. I would have to turn them off then on again for them to work. The same day I installed them i went to the grocery store and one of the high beams weren't coming on. I contacted them and they told me to try a different ground swap ballasts and try a direct battery connection. Honestly right out of the box I shouldn't have to do that. I could understand if they wouldn't ignite at all but they were. The packaging was abysmal to be honest, the relay was literally bread-tied and dropped in the box. I'm surprised the bulbs survived the journey from China in the thin paperboard box they were in (it wasn't even cardboard) I understand the 55w are mail order only but jeez.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I still think it was the relay harness even though support didn't wanna acknowledge it was faulty. The RMA stated they were "incompatible" and not faulty so I'm out the shipping AND return shipping and still no HIDs.

·
Registered
214 Posts
wow that sucks, i was looking a DDM lights too, i was told that there not that good unless you have HID headlights cause it will just shoot light everywhere and might burn the ballast, but still it seems like nothing but a hassle. so i assume you have your regular bulbs back in for now? i want a normal bulb that has a blue tint to it, im not sure if they make them without being HIDS

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Silvania (sp) cool blues have a blue tint and they are plain halogen bulbs and they are the only dot approved blue lights

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
if your not going to use projectors with the HIDs then your going to need a "glare shield" or something like that, I can't remember the exact name. But im sorry you had problems with your DDM kit. my lights are still running strong from day 1, no problems after a year and a half of usage.

and welcome to the boards!

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear about the lights. If you don't mind spending just a bit more you can always go to CARiD.com and get a set there. Only about 100 bucks and they work very well. The only problem I had with them is that they sent me single beam bulbs instead of the hi-low like I specified and paid extra 25 bucks for. Other than that they work very well and look awsome too, I honestly don't even use the high beams so it was no biggie for me. Hope this helps in your decision.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Thanks all. I have for years wanted HIDs and I will even if I choose another manufacturer. I did however give her a bath and a nice wax. My landlord gave me crap about "cleaning" my car in the parking lot and it was not allowed LOL. I told her i wasnt cleaning it and she said yeah you're detailing it... i was like... ok whatever. She leaves at 5 so i need to schedule future endeavors in the evenings lol. You asked for pix. here they are.
This one is at the dealer after her bath.

De and Re badged A$$ end.

After her waxing.

WTB some ArmourAll :D

Seriously considering lowering and spacing out the "VERSA" some to more closely match tango's LOL. But I doubt I will be painting them anytime soon. My neighbor even had a suggestion of moving it to the chrome bar over the plates or even the middle of the bumper... hmm... decisions, decisions. With double sided tape and polish compound I guess I could try it one way and if i don't like it change it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.