Nissan Versa Forums banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
that is one of the easiest mods to do.
The other one I would personally suggest is the autodim rearview mirror and the SL armrest if you happen to find one that's not destroyed. Both are very easy to mount. Then you could add a keyfob if you don't have it.
I also added a glovebox light.

You can check all my mods here , you can ask me if you need more info.

I'm giving another try to the cruise control next week or so.
YES! The auto dim mirror is a great mod! If you do it, get one from a 2007 and up Altima. Make sure you get as much of the harness as you can.
I don't remember if I got the wire channel from an Altima or Maxima.

Reactions: Ecate

·
Registered
321 Posts
Ecate keep us posted if you do the cruise control swap. I’d love to see how it’s done to determine if I want to mess with doing the same. That’s the thing I miss the most on my Versa. I gotta get back to the junk yard to get the rear seat out of the sl I took my front seats from. Sadly the arm rest was destroyed.
Nice!
I've briefly looked into adding cruise control but havent gone any farther than that. It is something I would like to do eventually. What all is needed? Obviously the buttons and I think I remember seeing something about having the dealer flash the ECU but that's all I remember.

Also forgot to say I put in the SL arm rest and I wrapped my steering wheel in black leather which is actually one of my favorite things I've done.

A little update on the cruise gate.

I can confirm that if you replace the ECM with the 9EG3A (if you have a 2012 AT etc of course, your specific one may differ) the cruise does work. Lights get on on the cluster, so that def means the wiring is there and goes all the way through.

We couldn't finalize the installation because we think my BCM is blocked somehow (it doesn't let register the keys even with my own stock ECM on!!! So basically if I lose the keys I wouldn't be able to register a new key), also the part number differs between what consult says (284B2) and what the label says (284B1).

Luckily I do have a BCM that comes from a cruised 2012 (284B1-ZW80C) so next week we'll try put that in and go from there. If it lets register the keys I'll let it in regardless...I don't want a BCM that does not register new keys!

·
Registered
321 Posts
Ecate keep us posted if you do the cruise control swap. I’d love to see how it’s done to determine if I want to mess with doing the same. That’s the thing I miss the most on my Versa. I gotta get back to the junk yard to get the rear seat out of the sl I took my front seats from. Sadly the arm rest was destroyed.
Nice!
I've briefly looked into adding cruise control but havent gone any farther than that. It is something I would like to do eventually. What all is needed? Obviously the buttons and I think I remember seeing something about having the dealer flash the ECU but that's all I remember.

Also forgot to say I put in the SL arm rest and I wrapped my steering wheel in black leather which is actually one of my favorite things I've done.

IT WORKED!!!!!

Do you know what it was????

The key!

We assumed (the manual says nothing about this) that you could reset the NATS using your own key....well, not really.
I was ready to swap the BCM (that would have worked too) but I had this idea that maybe the issue was exactly that the key was culprit.

So this is what we did.

1) we put the cruised ECM in
2) we used a unchipped dummy key (2$ at any locksmith, needed to turn the ignition ) and another Nissan chipped key (any would do, just look for it at any junkyards) placed closed to the ignition to deceive the NATS.

3) once the Consult switches to the next screen you basically use your old keys (now erased) to register them to the BCM and have a match with the ECM.

4) then you register the car VIN to the new ECM, clear codes (if any) and perform the IDLE relearning etc

If you have a Versa that is already wired for it (look behind the clockspring if the wiring is there, check behind the brake pedal if there is a socket for the ASCD switch sensor to be installed), it will work!

Mine is 2012 HB and the wiring was in place already. It's a 30 minutes job, it took sooooo long because it says nowhere in the manual that you cannot reregister the same key before it's erased!

But now at least I can pass this information on....if anyone wants to do it...just let me know!!!

21 - 23 of 23 Posts